Serondella’s luxury suites are well suited to solos, couples, and honeymooners, while its optional family suite, with three bedrooms, is one of the best family units on the Reserve! It belongs to a collection of properties in the area and is one of the smallest lodges, with a pleasant authentic feel.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Thornybush is approximately five hours’ drive from Johannesburg. Serondella is in the northern part of the Thornybush Reserve, at the end of a sandy track and among indigenous trees.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT SERONDELLA GAME LODGE:
Neat brick pathways lead to the communal lodge, constructed from timber, stone, and thatch. Inside, a spacious lounge and dining area adjoins a well-stocked bar. The lounge features comfy armchairs and sofas around a chunky wooden coffee table and in front of a cosy fireplace. Wildlife artwork adorns the walls, while subtle lighting makes for a peaceful ambience – very ‘home from home’! The dining area contains a long table flanked by upright chairs for communal meals. The bar has a line of stools and is a great place for getting to know your fellow travellers. The curio shop has an interesting range of craft items. Outside, there is a deck with amazing views of a nearby waterhole. The deck has a swimming pool and sunloungers too!
Guest accommodation at Serondella consists of three luxury suites and one family suite, all connected to the main lodge along brick paths. All suites are built from timber, stone, and thatch, and they are surrounded by trees. A few stone steps lead on to a veranda, where you can relax with a drink and enjoy your view. Inside, each luxury suite offers a double bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, a pleasant seating area, and plenty of storage space. The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin, shower, and bathtub with wonderful vistas out on to Thornybush Reserve! The family suite boasts all these features in addition to two extra bedrooms for children. Just get in touch with us for further info!
ACTIVITIES AT SERONDELLA GAME LODGE:
- Serondella offers the classic safari activities – game drives and walking safaris.
- You can also observe the local wildlife from a number of hides! The drives take place during early morning and late afternoon. The afternoon drives are often extended into the evening, so you have a chance to view the nocturnal inhabitants of the Reserve.
- All Big Five are in residence here – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo. In total, there are 147 species of mammal, including cheetah, hyena, wild dog, giraffe, zebra, and many types of antelope.
- During the wet season, the Monwana River is home to hippopotamus and crocodile. If you are a keen birder, you will love looking out for no fewer than 507 residents, migrants, and nomads!
- Serondella’s walking safaris are a wonderful opportunity to get to know the birdlife of Thornybush, in addition to the plants, insects, and even the amphibians of the Reserve. You can enjoy tracking the larger animals too!
- The property’s hides are fantastic for getting really close to nature, and there is also a boma for outdoor dining.