Nicknamed ‘The Castle’ by local people, the hotel does rather resemble a lofty fortress, gazing majestically over the ocean waves! There are also amazing views of Table Mountain, the Twelve Apostles mountain range, and Lion’s Head. 21 Nettleton is among the most opulent properties we sell at YZ! It is perfect for travellers hoping to experience all the attractions of Cape Town from one of the most sophisticated hotels imaginable. Just… WOW!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The hotel is just 45 minutes’ drive from Cape Town International Airport and 15 minutes from the bustling city centre.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT 21 NETTLETON:
With its imposing brick and taupe-painted walls, its pillar and arch embellishments, its wonderfully well-kept grounds, the property is impossible to miss as you approach on Nettleton Road! In total, 21 has eight floors. As well as the four enormous suites, there are ample lounges and other communal areas where you can relax and enjoy those breathtaking views. If you need to cool off, there is a pleasantly shaded swimming pool within the gardens. There are also a number of places for outside dining or simply resting and chatting with your fellow travellers. If you are feeling musical, seat yourself at one of two grand pianos – a Bösendorfer and a Steinway – and strike up a tune! And if you take a keen interest in fine art, you will love exploring Hugo’s collection of paintings and sculpture, positioned throughout the house and grounds. His pieces are the creations of artists not only from South Africa, but also from Europe, China, and India, so there is plenty of variety and intrigue!
21 Nettleton contains four suites in total – these are the Presidential Suite, the King Suite, the Queen Suite, and the Lion’s Head Suite. The Presidential is the largest of all, covering 250 square metres! With 360-degree views, this penthouse apartment is seriously stunning. Other features include a sumptuous bedroom with king-size bed and views of the Twelve Apostles, a large living room that overlooks the Clifton beaches, a private dining room, two generously proportioned terraces, two open-plan en-suite bathrooms with views of Lion’s Head nature reserve, full air conditioning, a fireplace, a steam room, a television, complimentary Wi-Fi, and much more besides! The King Suite comprises 60 square metres and also boasts views of the Twelve Apostles and the Atlantic Ocean, from its own terrace. The King shares a lounge area with the Queen Suite, so booking the two suites together is a great option for two couples or for a family. The King has a king-size bed or twin beds. There is a lovely open-plan bathroom as well as full air conditioning, under-floor heating, television, and free Wi-Fi. The Queen has a king-size bed, a terrace with 180-degree views, a freestanding bath in the bedroom and a separate shower room, plus all the features found in the King Suite. With its romantic décor, the Queen is ideal for couples on a romantic break! Finally, the Lion’s Head Suite consists of 40 square metres. There is no terrace, but there are superb views of the nature reserve in addition to sea views from the bathroom, which has both a bath and a shower. The bedroom has a king-size bed and merges antiques and modern pieces to interesting effect! Other features include full air conditioning, under-floor heating, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
*Please be aware that the swimming pool here has no depth markings, so take care before you jump in
ACTIVITIES AT 21 NETTLETON:
If you are able to leave your sumptuous suite, with all its creature comforts, you will find plenty to fill your time in Cape Town! Considered one of the world’s most beautiful cities, Cape Town has a truly cosmopolitan vibe and a whole host of things to see and do.
- One of the most popular activities is climbing or taking a cable car up Table Mountain and marvelling at the view from the top! We also recommend a trip to the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, to check out the craft market, street entertainers, and impressive shopping mall.
- For a little relaxation, head to Kirstenbosch, the city’s botanical gardens, which include an exhibition of African sculpture.
- You can also take a drive around Cape Point and have fun spotting penguins on Boulders Beach!
- The world-renowned Winelands are just an hour’s drive away and well worth a visit not only for some delicious drinking but also for the spectacular mountain setting. Visitors who like to take in a little culture on holiday will enjoy a township tour, an excursion to Robben Island, and a morning or afternoon (or both!) in the District Six Museum, where the focus is on the impact of Apartheid policies in Cape Town during the 1960s.
- And whenever you need a break between activities, you can unwind at 21 Nettleton and on the beaches below.