Singita Boulders Lodge is one of the thirteen properties listed in the world-renowned Singita collection, which spans, among other areas, the Serengeti, Kruger National Park, and Zimbabwe’s Gonarezhou. With a name that means Place of Miracles, Singita is dedicated to providing environmentally conscious accommodation while conserving the local wildlife and empowering local communities. Boulders has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor! The accommodation is booked on a full-board basis, including all meals, a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, twice-daily game drives, safari walks, archery, transfers between the lodge and Singita’s airstrip, and a laundry service. The lodge is open all year round and children aged 10 years and older are welcome.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The lodge is accessed via road transfer from Singita’s own airstrip. It’s situated in the company’s private reserve within the central region of the Sabi Sands, positioned along the banks of the seasonal Sand river.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT SINGITA BOULDERS LODGE:
Guest accommodation consists of eight River suites, two Bush suites, and two Family suites. All options occupy a timber, stone, thatch, and glass structure. The only difference between the River and Bush suites is the view, with the former overlooking the Sand river and the latter providing lovely vistas across a popular waterhole! Inside, each bedroom offers a double bed or twin beds with mosquito nets, bedside tables and lighting, and a couple of comfy chairs. There’s a lounge area too, featuring a cosy fireplace. En-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, twin washbasins, shower, and freestanding bathtub. Sliding doors lead out onto a deck, complete with private plunge pool! The Family suite category offers an additional en-suite twin bedroom, lounge and dining veranda area with stone fireplace, and private viewing deck with heated plunge pool. The décor throughout the accommodation is very much inspired by the natural surroundings, incorporating tree stumps, stone slabs, and wrought iron. Towels and toiletries are supplied.
Boulders’ communal lodge is linked to the guest suites along neat wooden pathways. It too is made out of timber, stone, thatch, and glass, and its interiors are equally influenced by many of the Sabi Sands’ geographical features. In the lounge, leather and soft-fabric sofas and armchairs surround tree-trunk coffee tables, while the dining area has chic individual tables that can be joined to accommodate larger groups. Elegant lighting dangles from the ceiling, and various surfaces are covered in intriguing local artefacts that lend an authentic feel. The living-and-dining space includes a couple of work stations, both with internet access. Boulders’ well-stocked bar adjoins the lounge, and guests can enjoy a drink on one of the lodge’s decks – al fresco dining is available too. You can also visit the boutique and gallery, keep fit in the gym, and relax with a massage or other pampering treatment within the spa. The lodge boasts a very inviting shaded swimming pool too!
ACTIVITIES AT SINGITA BOULDERS LODGE:
An exhilarating range of activities is available here.
- Expertly guided game drives take place during the morning and the late afternoon into evening, offering exciting opportunities to explore the private reserve and to view a real wealth of wildlife!
- All Big Five are in residence – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo – and big cat sightings are particularly impressive.
- Among the smaller predators you can expect to see are cheetah, hyenas, jackals, and the rare wild dog, while the herbivore count includes hippo, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra, and all sorts of antelopes!
- There are hundreds of bird species, so it’s well worth bringing your binoculars.
- Boulders’ safari walks aim to track animals on foot while taking a really close look at the reserve’s plants and insect life. Please note, this activity has a minimum age requirement of 15 years.
- However, all guests can enjoy photography, stargazing, and even archery in the presence of an experienced guide.
- And children can take part in the Mini Rangers’ Course, which offers animal tracking, bush survival techniques, nature quizzes, and much more!
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.