Plumbago Guest House really does define charming. If you are looking for something smaller than Perry’s Bridge Hotel from which to explore the Panorama Region and farther afield, this is the perfect property for you!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The property is perfectly situated for guests to visit the Kruger in addition to many other places within the spectacular Panorama Region. The property is located approximately 15km south of Hazyview. A drive lined with fragrant bougainvillea ends in sturdy wrought-iron gates – these are opened by staff to welcome you into Plumbago, named after the sweet-scented pale-blue evergreen flower.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES PLUMBAGO GUEST HOUSE:
Inside the main farmhouse building, there is a classy reception area, and adjacent to that the lovely lounge/bar. This room contains a line of cushioned stools by the bar and plenty of comfortable chairs surrounding a bow-legged wooden coffee table. There is also seating next to a homely fireplace! Books and fresh flowers adorn the tops of occasional tables and delightful pictures of flowers are displayed on the walls. The dining room is similarly well appointed, featuring smart upright chairs around individual tables and an impressive wine rack! The deck boasts beautiful views of the grounds. Steps lead down to a spacious swimming pool – flanked by sunloungers in the shade of trees, this is a very restful setting, whether you wish to get to know your fellow guests or simply enjoy a midday doze! If you are feeling active, you can play a few games of tennis on the property’s own court. Alternatively, there is a sauna, where you can fit in some serious relaxation time, complete with a body massage!
Plumbago’s guest accommodation consists of three sumptuous suites, one connected to the farmhouse and the other two situated in the grounds. Suite 1 contains either a king-size bed or twin beds, while suites 2 and 3 have a king-size bed apiece. Extra beds can be added to all suites, so the accommodation is suitable for families. The style throughout is very homely, with wooden furnishings, fresh flowers, and a comfy seating area. The owners provide an information folder, A4 writing paper and pen, notepad, and much more! The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin stand with mirror, and step-in shower.
ACTIVITIES AT PLUMBAGO GUEST HOUSE:
- The suites’ information folder contains ample suggestions for things to do in this very scenic part of the world – and staff members are also on hand to help you plan each day.
- The Panorama Region is chock-full of spectacular sights – Blyde River Canyon, God’s Window, the Three Rondavels, Bourke’s Luck Potholes, to name but a few!
- Wildlife lovers can head out to Kruger National Park for a game drive – morning, afternoon, or night. Bush walks are available too.
- The small town of Graskop offers coffee farm tours, silk farm tours, and bridge swing!
- There is bridge swing at Sabie too, plus intriguing Caving by Candlelight at Pilgrim’s Rest, a reconstructed mining town. Enthusiastic hikers will love the walking trails around the area, while sports fans can check out a very exciting assortment of activities – for example, cable trails, cycling, quad biking, white water tubing, and river rafting.
- There is also hot air ballooning, fly fishing, and golf. Educational excursions are possible too – Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre, Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Eden, Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, Sudwala Caves.
- There really is something to keep everyone entertained!