At De Zeekoe, you can be sure of a holiday you will never forget – and you might just find that one visit is not enough to enjoy all the wonders that De Zeekoe has in store! De Zeekoe’s location, together with its numerous activities and laidback style, makes it a must-visit in South Africa. The choice of dwellings is amazing, helping you to decide just how you want to spend your time. Whether you go self-catering or full board, the locally grown food is outstanding and the staff really do go that extra mile to make sure that you have everything that you will need.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Surrounded by a variety of attractions, including ostrich farms, the longest wine route in the world, Cango Caves and a wildlife ranch. This is the ideal place for a stay in South Africa! De Zeekoe Guest Farm is just 7 kilometres outside Oudtshoorn.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT DE ZEEKOE GUEST FARM:
Beautiful gardens, with lush grass and picturesque flowers, welcome you as you approach the modern main house. An outdoor fire, surrounded by seating, provides a lovely spot for relaxing with a glass of your favourite tipple. Walk up the steps into the building and you will find the restaurant, with its high ceilings, high beams, cream-tiled flooring, individual tables and panoramic view through wide windows on three sides. There is also a bar – this offers a great range of drinks, including cocktails! If you would like to eat under the stars, there is a small outdoor area for you. If you enjoy relaxing in the sun, there are a number of seating areas within the grounds, with lounging seats mostly situated around the cool swimming pool, ensuring that you make the most of the beautiful view as you enjoy the delights of this modern lodge!
There are plenty of guest accommodation options at De Zeekoe Guest Farm. You can choose to stay within the luxury of the main house in one of the en-suite rooms, or go self-catering in one of the cabins with breathtaking views of the lake. You can stay in one of the cottages, also on the lakeside, with mini bar, safe, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and private deck. Alternatively, hire the luxurious private beachfront house, with its six bedrooms, three entertainment areas, large decking area, three garages, and stunning views of the beach, just outside your door! All the beds have mosquito nets and the décor through the rooms is neutral and comfortable. Your choice may determine what kind of surroundings you have on view, but the level of cleanliness, convenience and comfort remains the same throughout all the accommodation. And the level of service you will receive from the staff will be wonderful wherever you choose to stay!
ACTIVITIES AT DE ZEEKOE GUEST FARM:
De Zeekoe Guest Farm offers an excellent assortment of activities, all designed to ensure guests make the most of the surrounding area.
- Take a meerkat tour and get to know these shy creatures in their natural habitat. Go on a self-guided tour and explore the lake and farther afield.
- Head up the mountains on a bike for a spectacular view or, for something a little more relaxing, simply take a swim in the saltwater pool!
- Olifant’s River, close to the Lodge, gives you the opportunity to have a go at canoeing, or to do a little fishing.
- Visit the local farm and meet the resident ostriches, springbok, cattle and sheep. If you like your animals to be a little more on the wild side, take a trip out to the private game reserve nearby.
- Make use of the 4×4s available and have a drive out to the longest wine route in the world or take a trip through the mountain range. You really are spoilt for choice in this perfectly placed property!