Perry’s Bridge Hollow Boutique Hotel really has a lot to recommend it – and not only for a break before or after safari! As there are so many activities available, you might be tempted to stay here for at least a few days.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Just 10 minutes from Kruger National Park and close to the Panorama Region, Perry’s Bridge is very conveniently located for travellers to take a break before or after a safari! It is also a dream destination in its own right, with plenty of attractions. The Hotel is situated on the R40 at Hazyview, Mpumalanga. Hazyview is a modest farming town that is named for the haziness that develops during the summer! Perry’s Bridge is easily accessible by road from Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. There is ample parking space within the grounds.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT PERRY'S BRIDGE HOLLOW BOUTIQUE HOTEL:
There are also beautiful trees and flowers within the grounds, as well as the Hotel’s spacious swimming pool. Flanked by comfortable sunloungers, this is the perfect place to chill out and unwind. The gardens also host an exciting activity called the Tree-top Challenge – find out more below! If shopping is your idea of entertainment, you will love it here. There are clothes and accessories shops, coffee shops, and curio shops galore! There is even a chocolatiers. The spas and salons on site have all you need for a little pampering, while the art gallery is well worth a look. Foodies will be pleased to learn that there are no fewer than four restaurants at Perry’s Bridge, all offering something different – farm-style breakfasts, classic meals with a twist, pizzas and pastas, snacks throughout the day! Kuka Restaurant combines delicious dining with a cocktail lounge, fantastic for relaxing and getting to know your fellow guests. Finally, the Hotel has a modern conference room and offers some great packages featuring plenty of refreshments and state-of-the-art equipment as standard. You can also take part in some exciting team-building activities! For more information, just give us a call.
Guest accommodation at Perry’s Bridge consists of 31 twin rooms and 3 family suites. All blend colonial and contemporary styles – smooth dark wood hard furnishings combine with modern fabrics, creating a very sumptuous feel! Each twin room contains comfy beds, bedside tables, a large wardrobe and other storage space, a separate seating area, satellite television, tea- and coffee-making facilities, a mini fridge, a safety deposit box, a hairdryer, international adaptors, and air conditioning. The en-suite facilities feature indoor and outdoor showers! There is also a private patio, lovely for checking out views across the lowveld that surrounds the site. The suites boast all the amenities of the rooms, in addition to a couple of beds for the kids and a traditional ball-and-claw bath in the washing area!
ACTIVITIES AT PERRY'S BRIDGE HOLLOW BOUTIQUE HOTEL:
A thrilling range of activities is available from Perry’s Bridge. Seasons in Africa has opted to join forces with Hylton Ross Safari Touring to provide absolutely loads of things for guests to do!
- Game drives and walks, tented experiences, adventure activities, elephant experiences, horse rides, wildlife experiences, scenic experiences, cultural experiences… there really is something to keep everyone occupied!
- The drives and walks take place in the Kruger and Sabi Sands, so if you are considering the Panorama Region as a standalone destination you will have the chance to enjoy a little safari. For an authentic experience in the wild, you can spend some time at Buffalo Rock Tented Camp.
- Adventure activities include abseiling, quad biking, rafting, helicopter flights, and hot air balloon safari, while elephant experiences involve rides and interactions with these gentle giants. Both beginners and advanced horse riders will appreciate sundowner rides and cattle drive trails, while the wildlife experiences include visits to botanical gardens and cruises around Blyde River Canyon!
- The Canyon is just one of the scenic experiences on offer – visitors can marvel at all the spectacular sights in the Panorama Region, not least the Three Rondavels and God’s Window.
- Finally, for those who like a bit of culture, there is the Shangaan River Club, featuring songs, stories, drinks, and dancing. The River Club forms part of the Perry’s Bridge site.
- Other attractions on site include a reptile park and a playground. There is also the Tree-tops Challenge, with 19 tasks to complete – for example, balancing beams, rope bridges, and spider’s webs – ending with an exhilarating 50-metre zip line!