The Trevoyan Guesthouse is privately owned and run. It’s a member of Pretty Hotels, a portfolio containing a range of aesthetically appealing properties! Accommodation at The Trevoyan is booked on a B&B basis, including Wi-Fi, and the guesthouse is open throughout the year.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The guesthouse can be accessed via 25 minutes’ road transfer from Cape Town International Airport. It’s situated on the slopes of Table Mountain and Lion’s Head, within a peaceful suburb called Tamboerskloof. The grounds contain a majestic 100-years-old oak tree.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT THE TREVOYAN GUESTHOUSE:
There are seven guest rooms and suites. All are beautifully furnished, blending chic contemporary and rustic styles. At entry level, there’s the Superior Room, offering 20 square metres for a queen-size bedroom and 28 square metres for a king or twin room. Positioned within the main house, each room features plantation-style shutters, heating, satellite television, a tea tray, a safe, USB plug points, free Wi-Fi, and a well-appointed washroom with Just Pure toiletries and a hairdryer. There are also lovely views of the guesthouse’s garden or Table Mountain. Next up is the Garden Room (30 sq. m), with extra-length king-size bed, garden views, and direct access to the pool area. The Private Patio Suite and Mountain View Suite (both 42 sq. m) boast a separate lounge area and kitchenette, while the Bluemoon Suite (55 sq. m) has a four-poster extra-length king-size bed, sitting area, and antique fireplace – it’s an excellent option for honeymooners or couples seeking something special for their Cape Town holiday!
The communal spaces at The Trevoyan guesthouse are also exquisitely presented. They include a pleasant lounge, with well-cushioned sofas and armchairs, coffee and occasional tables, plenty of fresh flowers, a coffee machine, and a well-stocked honesty bar. There’s a breakfast room too, where the first meal of the day is available from 8 o’clock until 10:30, buffet style. Guests can opt for a full cooked breakfast or continental options, and you can also enjoy dining on the guesthouse’s sunny roof terrace, all the while marvelling at the views! Finally, there’s a very inviting swimming pool, measuring 10m by 3.5m. This is the perfect place to relax between excursions in and around Cape Town.
ACTIVITIES AT THE TREVOYAN GUESTHOUSE:
The guesthouse is well positioned for guests to explore the attractions of Cape Town. There’s even a FIAT 500 Convertible for hire, if you fancy taking a road trip! Below, we list a selection of activities and experiences available in and around the Mother City:
- Table Mountain Aerial Gateway – Why not start your holiday with a trip up the famous mountain by cable car? You’ll enjoy amazing views!
- Cape Point – You could also consider taking an excursion to Africa’s south-western tip, renowned for the quality of its beaches. While you’re here, you could visit Boulders Beach to see lots of penguins, and Simonstown or Fishhoek for a little culture too.
- Robben Island – Situated approximately 7 kilometres off the coast, this is where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 of his 27 years behind bars. The island is accessed from Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront.
- V&A Waterfront – No stay in the Mother City is complete without at least one afternoon spent exploring the V&A’s shops, markets, eateries, and bars!
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden – Full to the brim with indigenous flora, these gardens never fail to thrill, and they’re a great destination for a picnic lunch.
- District Six Museum – This is a fascinating exhibition of images, artefacts, and recordings, a lot of them provided by the district’s ex-residents.
- Camps Bay Beach – Camps might just be Cape Town’s most glamorous sandy spot. It’s brilliant for beach activities, fine dining, or simply soaking up some sun.
- Clifton Beach – Not far from Camps Bay, this sheltered series of four coves is a top pick at YZ. And 4th Beach is adjacent to La Med, our go-to for sundowners every time.
- Cape Town International Convention Centre – This centre is the Mother City’s stunning venue for concerts, trade shows, and festivals. The Trevoyan’s staff will let you know what’s on here during your stay!