Kanonkop House provides super-luxurious accommodation in a gorgeous setting just outside the bustling town of Knysna! The House is owned and run by the Conyers family.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The property is situated just 5 minutes’ drive from Knysna town centre and is easily accessed via the N2 highway. Located at 6 Cuthbert Street, it has an elevated position within well-kept grounds. The house has a contemporary style and its two main buildings are linked via a walkway. This walkway has wide windows so that you can see through the space and out to the lagoon while relaxing in the grounds!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT KANONKOP HOUSE:
Kanonkop’s communal areas include a comfortable outdoor lounge, an elegant restaurant and bar, a fantastic little terrace and sundeck, and a colourfully tiled swimming pool flanked by sunloungers and parasols! There is additional seating in the gardens, inviting you to relax and marvel at uninterrupted views.
Guest accommodation at Kanonkop House consists of six rooms, each with its own carefully chosen name. Selwyn is the penthouse suite, with panoramic vistas across the lagoon! The palette involves neutrals with bright splashes of bluey-green, and this option is perfect for visitors who like plenty of room to relax on holiday. There is space to accommodate another guest, and further highlights of Selwyn include a very well appointed en-suite bathroom and two private balconies! Sunbird, a room on the ground floor, also sleeps a maximum of three – the only room that does not offer this facility is Paradise, the honeymoon suite. This room’s furnishings take inspiration from the garden, with leaf-print fabrics and squirrel-print cushions. A highlight to this room is its antique dressing table! Sunbird has a private balcony, with lovely views out to sea. Forest also celebrates nature, with its primarily brown-and-green palette and use of wood. As you might expect, the views from this room are of the surrounding forest, and a private deck entices you out into the trees to listen to the sounds of birds. Sivuyile and No Matata provide a simple homeliness and each comes with its own sundeck overlooking the house’s pool. Finally, Paradise is the room to choose if you are here on honeymoon or a romantic break. With its sleigh bed, plush fabrics, glamorous en-suite facilities, and a private balcony positioned above the forest to maximise vistas over the lagoon, Paradise is pretty special! All rooms were decorated by some of South Africa’s best designers.
ACTIVITIES AT KANONKOP HOUSE:
The quality of accommodation at Kanonkop House is matched by the amazing activities available in the local area!
- Many of Knysna’s famous landmarks are within walking distance or just a few kilometres of the property. These include the forest, which has plenty of nature trails for walks, hikes, jogs, and biking.
- You could even opt for a challenging trek, all the way up into the Outeniqua Mountains! This activity finds favour with wildlife lovers, as the mountains contain leopard, elephant, grey rhebuck, klipspringer, an assortment of rodents, and an impressive bird count.
- Nature fans also appreciate trips out to the likes of Knysna Elephant Park, Featherbed Nature Reserve, Monkeyland, Birds of Eden, Eagle Encounters, and Butterfly World.
- Knysna’s lagoon is also close to Kanonkop. Here you can enjoy boat trips, as well as kayaking, waterskiing, and surfing.
- Further watersports are possible at the region’s beaches, or you can simply soak up some sun! Travellers who enjoy more extreme sports will be keen to try out shark cage diving, bungee jumping, and treetop canopy tours.
- Golf is a major attraction here too, and Kanonkop offers special rates at two championship courses – Pezula, on the eastern Head, and Simola, up in the hills over Knysna.
- Staff are also happy to make bookings at all other courses in the region! And the town of Knysna itself is well worth a visit, for shops, restaurants, the spectacular waterfront, and Mitchell’s Brewery.