Starfish Guest Lodge is a great little property in a peaceful area of Plett, with good access to brilliant beaches and the town itself. The area contains a wealth of attractions – you will not run out of things to do!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Known affectionately by locals as ‘Plett’, Plettenberg Bay is easily accessible by road or air, whether you are approaching the town from Johannesburg or Cape Town. The distance from the airport to Starfish Guest Lodge is between 5 and 6 kilometres, shorter if you remain on Robberg Road.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT STARFISH GUEST LODGE:
The Lodge is a contemporary two-storey building featuring neat railed balconies and bright white shutters, and set in well-kept gardens. Inside, there is a comfortable lounge and an elegant breakfast room – these spaces flow out onto a deck with sunloungers and finally a saltwater swimming pool. The deck is often where guests tuck into breakfast – a lovely location to start your day!
Guest accommodation at Starfish Guest Lodge consists of six rooms, situated on both the ground- and first floor. Each has either a double bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, comfy seating, and double doors onto a private patio or balcony overlooking the gardens and pool. Other room features include underfloor heating, a safety deposit box, a telephone, a tea-and-coffee station, and a full en-suite bathroom with a heated towel rail and a hairdryer. Guests receive beach towels, beach chairs, and parasols too!
ACTIVITIES AT STARFISH GUEST LODGE:
- As Starfish Guest Lodge is just 2 minutes from Robberg Beach, a trip to the seaside is a great way to start your holiday. However, there is far more to Plett than beautiful beaches!
- The town and surrounds boast a very impressive amount of attractions – there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Plett offers two very scenic golf courses, with a further course in the town of Knysna, 33 kilometres away.
- Other sports you can enjoy in the local area include boating, fishing, surfing, tennis, and bowls.
- The nearby Robberg area boasts not only beaches, but also the famous Robberg Nature Reserve, where you can look out for marine life such as whales, sharks, seals, and dolphins, as well as plenty of birds!
- Fans of feathery friends will relish a trip to Birds of Eden, just a short drive out of town.
- All sorts of activities are possible within a mere 30 kilometres of Plett – horse riding, polo, ocean safaris, river cruises, and trips to Monkeyland and Lawnwoods Snake Sanctuary!
- With the town itself choc-full of shops, bars, cafés, and restaurants, there really is a lot to do in this vibrant region.