Owned and run by local couple Dermot and Fran Malloy. Anlin Beach House provides a very comfortable base for exploring the region and is a superb choice for any kind of traveller.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Anlin Beach House is situated a mere 100 metres from the beautiful Robberg Beach in Plettenberg Bay. This is a safe and peaceful residential area. Plett is often included in a trip along the famous Garden Route and it is easily accessed by road transfer from Port Elizabeth (2½ hours) and Cape Town (6 hours). You can also fly in from either of those cities, or from Johannesburg. Anlin Beach House is on Roche Bonne Avenue, just 2 minutes’ walk from Robberg Beach.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ANLIN BEACH HOUSE:
The accommodation consists of one seaview room, two garden suites, one luxury apartment, and one beach house. The seaview room and luxury apartment may be booked together to create a three-bedroom and two-bathroom unit. By itself, the seaview room suits a solo traveller or a couple. It has 33 metres of floor space, accommodating a queen-size bed, bedside tables and lighting, ample storage space, a TV, and a tea-and-coffee station. The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin, and shower. There is also a private patio, with two chairs and a table under a parasol, and a lovely view out to sea! Neither of the garden suites has a sea view, but both have lovely views of the gardens and the leafy surrounds.
The suites have one bedroom each, containing a double bed. However, there is a single bed too, so the suite option can sleep three people in total. The luxury apartment can accommodate a maximum of four people, or six if you include the seaview room. Very well set up for self-catering guests, the luxury apartment includes a kitchen with kettle, toaster, fridge with freezer compartment, small oven/grill, gas hob, microwave, and dishwasher. It also boasts a dining area, a lounge, and further seating on each of its two patios, one with views of the Robberg Peninsula and the other facing the mountains. Finally, the beach house has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an open-plan kitchen/diner/lounge leading onto a patio and a front garden with beautiful views of Green Belt land. The beach is just 100 metres away!
ACTIVITIES AT ANLIN BEACH HOUSE:
- Robberg Beach is Plett’s most popular beach for walking, as it occupies a stretch of 3.5 kilometres between Robberg Peninsula and Beacon Island!
- However, you can also surf and body board here, and the central part of the beach has Blue Flag status.
- Another beach worth visiting is Lookout, a short drive from Anlin and also with Blue Flag status. Lookout has its own restaurant and bar! And Central Beach comes highly recommended for families, as it has a shallow lagoon as well as a selection of eateries.
- Beach activities include fishing, diving, kayaking, and ocean safaris. Operators such as Ocean Blue offer whale-watching trips, during which you are likely to spot dolphins and seals too!
- Many other animal encounters are possible in the area, through excursions to Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve, Tenikwa Cat Sanctuary, Knysna Elephant Park, Monkeyland, Birds of Eden, and Radical Raptors, a rehabilitation centre for birds of prey.
- You can even head to Tsitsikamma National Park for horseback safaris!
- Mountain biking is available in the area, and you can also enjoy some great hiking.
- Plett and other areas within the Garden Route are home to some excellent golf courses – keen golfers themselves, Dermot and Fran Malloy are happy to help choose the best course for you!
- In between all of these activities, Anlin provides a comfortable home-from-home for relaxing and simply enjoying the scenery. If you opt to stay here on a B&B basis, you will love the continental breakfast the owners provide! They are glad to offer advice on local restaurants, shops, and laundry services.