Phinda Rock Lodge is possibly one of the most spectacular properties we sell! That cliff-face location really gives it the wow-factor, combined with some exciting activities. Big thumbs-up from YZ! Service standards at the Lodge are truly exceptional. The property is owned and run by &Beyond, a name synonymous with super-lux! From guiding to dining, everyone goes out of their way to ensure guests make the most of their time here.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The Lodge never fails to make a fantastic first impression, as it is built into a cliff face high up on a hillside in the south-western part of Phinda Game Reserve.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT &BEYOND PHINDA ROCK LODGE:
The adobe-style communal areas include the lounge area, featuring a warming fireplace, and the dining area with its homely wooden chairs around a gleaming table. One side of the lounge opens out onto a magnificent shaded viewing deck, which provides amazing vistas of the Lebombo Mountains and bushveld below. This is a very special place for viewing wildlife and watching the glorious sunsets! The Lodge’s swimming pool is a relaxing place for staying cool during the hot afternoons – and guests also have access to a wonderful traditional African crafts shop, ideal for purchasing gifts for family and friends.
Six luxury suites make up the accommodation at Phinda Rock Lodge and they are absolutely stunning! The breathtaking views from each room have to be seen to be believed – from outside, the rooms look as if they are magically suspended in mid-air over the deep valley that runs below the cliff face. All have sumptuous beds as well as air conditioning, fans, and mosquito netting to ensure comfort throughout your stay. The en-suite facilities feature outdoor showers in four of the six suites and are decorated to a very high modern standard. And as if all that was not enough, every suite comes with your very own veranda with private plunge pool – wow!
ACTIVITIES AT &BEYOND PHINDA ROCK LODGE:
- The Lodge’s location within Phinda Game Reserve means that guests are very likely to enjoy sightings of three of the Big Five – lion, rhino and elephant.
- Cheetah, loads of herbivores, and over 400 species of birdlife may also be spotted during game drives! Guided walks are another way to get to know the area, to see all the small things that are not visible from the vehicle.
- Rhino tracking on foot is also possible in the company of a knowledgeable guide, while keen photographers will relish opportunities to hone their skills during a photographic safari!
- Another exciting activity is a visit to the Dry Sand Forest, to check out the largest privately owned population of nyala in the world.
- Guests can also head to the Indian Ocean and Mzinene River to view white shark, dolphin and turtles on a motorboat safari.
- And for a little local culture and tradition, you can visit local villages to experience Zulu culture and to learn all about their history!