La Clé des Montagnes is an excellent option for travellers looking for deluxe accommodation in the Franschhoek area. La Clé comprises both a country lodge and four villas.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
La Clé is easily accessed via road transfer from Cape Town International Airport, a journey of approximately an hour. A pair of smart black gates, each featuring a cut-out key design, opens into a wine estate complete with rows of vines and majestic mountain backdrop! There is free parking on site, and the style of the property is chic Cape Dutch, involving whitewashed walls and neat little pillars.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LA CLE DES MONTAGNES:
The lodge has a tennis court too, and even a heli-pad. The kitchen will be run by two professional chefs, and guests will also benefit from a concierge service and a dedicated butler. Guests will receive free access cards to the nearest gym, and in-room massages are available. There are five en-suite bedrooms – three garden rooms and two in the loft. Amenities include air conditioning, fans, a telephone, a mini-bar, a safe, and a hairdryer.
Each of the four villas at La Clé is similarly well appointed! Their names are La Grange, La Galerie, Le Manoir, and Le Colonial. La Galerie and Le Manoir have two en-suite bedrooms, while La Grange has three and Le Colonial has four. In La Grange and Le Manoir, extra beds are available for children. Every villa is individually styled – La Grange resembles a Victorian farmhouse, La Galerie offers contemporary opulence, Le Manoir is homely with a few modern notes, and Le Colonial fuses North and East African designs. All provide an impressive range of amenities, including air conditioning, underfloor heating, comfortable lounge and dining spaces, a flatscreen television, free Wi-Fi, a tea-and-coffee station, a fully equipped kitchen, a safe in all bedrooms, heated towel rails, and a hairdryer. Outside, you will find a private patio with BBQ facilities, as well as a spacious pool!
ACTIVITIES AT LA CLE DES MONTAGNES:
Whether you choose to stay in the country lodge or in one of the villas, you will be very conveniently located to explore the charming village of Franschhoek, just 200 yards away. La Clé’s concierge staff are on hand throughout your trip to help you plan every moment here.
- You might like to start with a tour of one of the many wine estates in the region, with opportunities for tasting the fine produce after you have looked around the grounds.
- Plenty of hiking and biking trails traverse the majestic mountains, inviting you to explore – staff are happy to pack up a picnic for you, if you plan to be out all day.
- Of course Franschhoek village itself has an exciting assortment of world-class restaurants, in addition to cafés, bars, art galleries, and museums.
- If you have time, you could also visit the neighbouring towns of Stellenbosch and Paarl, for more eating, drinking, and generally taking in the Winelands culture.
- There are a few special activities on offer at La Clé too – croquet, tennis, interactive kitchen experiences, and private braai (BBQ)!