Cape Town Hollow is a very comfortable and convenient boutique hotel, perfectly placed for a break of a few days or more in the Mother City.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Its proximity to the famous V&A Waterfront, the breathtaking Cape Peninsula, and the beautiful Winelands, as well as the countless shops, bars, and restaurants within Cape Town, makes it an excellent option for travellers hoping to get the most out of a Mother City break. The address of the hotel is 88 Queen Victoria Street. This street is pleasantly part-lined with trees and close to the Dutch East India Company Gardens, a little oasis in the centre of Cape Town. Easily accessed via road transfer from the International Airport or from the N1 Freeway, the Hollow is a smart contemporary building, with ornate balconies adding a touch of charm.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT CAPE TOWN HOLLOW BOUTIQUE HOTEL:
Inside, a guest lounge and a business lounge provide well-cushioned seating around coffee tables for a convivial feel. The guest lounge is adjacent to the bar, so you can really relax here! The hotel’s restaurant, Eighty-Ate, serves traditional South African cuisine with a twist and with the Cape’s finest wines to complement the meal. This elegant eating space flows out onto a patio on the street, adding to the laidback vibe. Business facilities include two meeting rooms, accommodating up to 60 delegates and benefiting from free Wi-Fi. And for the ultimate in chilling out, guests can head up to the swimming pool on the hotel’s second floor, where snacks and cocktails are also available!
Guest accommodation at Cape Town Hollow consists of 56 rooms, half of which boast amazing views of Lion’s Head and Table Mountain from a private balcony. All rooms are modern in style, with plenty of clean lines and tidy furnishings. Guests choose from a double room, queen room, or twin room – whichever configuration you select, you can be sure of comfy beds with crisp linens and duvets. There are bedside tables and lighting, a couple of easy chairs, a dressing table with large mirror, and en-suite flush toilet, washbasin, and step-in shower. Other features include individually controlled air conditioning and heating, direct dial telephone, remote-controlled satellite television, free Wi-Fi (250mb per device per day), a tea-and-coffee station, a safety deposit box, an international adaptor and data port, and hairdryer and shaver outlets. With a palette of mostly whites and greys, with occasional splashes of colour, the rooms have a soothing feel, ideal for getting a good night’s sleep before heading off on your next adventure in and around Cape Town!
** For families with children under the age of 6 years, we always request a ground floor room or a room without a balcony for safety reasons. If you stay here with us, please ensure this is what you are given. We do not recommend rooms higher than the 3rd floor for safety reasons.**
ACTIVITIES AT CAPE TOWN HOLLOW BOUTIQUE HOTEL:
- The Mother City has oodles of attractions, something to suit every visitor.
- The hotel links with local supplier Norman Stevens to bring you a wide variety of experiences, all at reasonable prices.
- The Township Tour is an interesting introduction to Cape Town, offering travellers opportunities to check out the local streets and schools and to learn about local cultures and rituals. Alternatively, you can devise your own itinerary and include any number of the city’s shops, art galleries, nearby beaches, and mountains!
- There is a lot to see at the V&A Waterfront too, such as the Two Oceans Aquarium, the Telkom Exploratorium, the SA Maritime Museum, and the superb selection of art galleries, curio shops, and specialty stores.
- You can take half a day or a full day to visit the stunning Winelands, with similar options for Cape Point. Nature lovers might like to consider Norman’s Safari Day Tour, a full day in the Aquila Game Reserve, while daredevils will be up for a full day of shark diving in Gansbaai!
- Other animal experiences include Butterfly World, Lion Park, and Giraffe House, all in the Stellenbosch area.
- Norman provides a range of child-friendly activities too, such as cruises in the Jolly Roger pirate boat, trips to Camps Beach to see penguins, and excursions to Ratanga Junction, a theme park just 10 minutes from Cape Town.