O on Kloof is a very indulgent option for travellers to Cape Town, providing a wonderful boutique base for exploring the mother of all cities. The emphasis here is gentle relaxation and ‘O’ is seriously good for solos, couples, and honeymooners too.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
O stands close to the Kloof Road junction with Queens Road, which runs a short distance to the stunning Sea Point Promenade.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT O ON THE KLOOF:
From the outside, it is a modern townhouse with smart slate-grey walls, slightly set back from the road. Inside, the communal areas include a lounge featuring very comfortable sofas and armchairs around a central coffee table, with table lighting to the side. Guests can relax in the hotel’s library too, which contains a good selection of reading material, more comfy seating, a television, and interesting artworks on the walls. The open-plan bar has a row of barstools and spot lighting overhead. Overall the effect is chic contemporary, echoed in the restaurant, which is situated on the roof. The dining space flows out onto a beautiful terrace, where guests can enjoy excellent cuisine while gazing over the Mother City as far as the sea. Other communal facilities include the O Spa, with its heated indoor pool, and the fitness centre, terrific for travellers who like to keep up their regime while on holiday.
Guest accommodation at O on Kloof consists of just eight suites and rooms in three categories – Standard Room, Luxury Room, and The O Suite. All categories come with air conditioning, flatscreen television, complimentary Wi-Fi and internet access, private room safe, mini-bar and snacks, bathrobes and slippers, and hairdryer. If you select a Standard Room, you have two options – Room 2 has a queen-size bed, a business desk area, and both bathtub and shower in its en-suite bathroom, whereas Room 6 has a king-size bed, a business desk area, and a shower en suite. The style of the rooms is different too, with no. 2 a luxurious urban affair and no. 6 a sumptuous safari space with an earthy palette and plenty of soft textures. Plump for a Luxury Room, and there are four choices, all with king-size bed and both bathtub and shower en suite. Rooms 3 and 4 have a private outdoor deck, whereas 7 and 8 share this feature. All rooms are spacious, but no. 8 has a little extra floor space, providing a lounge area. Again, the style varies – 3 is simple elegance, 4 is African opulence, 7 is ultra-sophistication, 8 is sensuous and sleek! Finally, O Suites 1 and 5 boast a king-size bed apiece, in addition to an espresso machine, a lounge area, shower and bathtub en suite, and a private balcony with luxurious Jacuzzi spa bath and sunloungers alongside.
ACTIVITIES AT O ON THE KLOOF:
O on Kloof offers an excellent assortment of excursions.
- The Sightseeing Bus is a wonderful way to explore Cape Town, as once you have purchased your ticket you can hop on and off at your leisure.
- One stop we recommend is Sea Point Promenade, in fact just a short stroll from the hotel, as this scenic stretch is one of the best locations in the city to watch the sun set over the waves.
- Of course the city centre is well worth a look too, for its shops, restaurants, bars, markets, museums.
- Travellers interested in experiencing Cape Town at its most authentic will enjoy taking a Township Tour, checking out a range of areas.
- The V&A Waterfront is choc-a-bloc with things to see and do, such as the Two Oceans Aquarium, the Telkom Exploratorium, the SA Maritime Museum, and the super selection of art galleries, curio shops, and specialty stores.
- You can hike or take a cable car up to the summit of Table Mountain, explore Cape Point, relax in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, or sunbathe on Clifton Beach.
- The museum on Robben Island will fascinate keen historians, while fans of fine wining will love taking a trip to the Winelands, an amazing add-on to any Mother City break or Garden Route tour. If you are up for some truly exhilarating adventures, you can go whale watching, shark cage diving, skydiving, abseiling, or seeing it all from the sky on a helicopter ride!
- And golf is available on a variety of courses around the Cape.
Some very special treatments are offered by the O Spa, for example the Lovers’ Indulgence featuring champagne and massage! Mani–pedis, foot scrubs, and personalised facials are also provided. And you can be sure that, at the end of every fun-filled day, you will enjoy a great night’s sleep in a bed freshly turned down for you, all part of the service.