Owned and operated by Nasikia Camps, whose portfolio includes YZ favourites Nasikia Mobile Migration Camp and Tarangire Ndovu, Kusini Kopjes Kambi is a wonderful addition to the camps and lodges in this part of the Serengeti!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The south Serengeti is accessed via road transfer from Seronera, the location of the nearest airstrip.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT KUSINI KOPJES KAMBI:
Guest accommodation at Kusini Kopjes Kambi will consist of a number of tented suites, all with a private deck to showcase amazing views across the plains, as well as super-luxurious interiors, king-size beds, bedside tables and lighting, a separate lounge area with comfortable seating and a coffee table, and glamorous en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, twin washbasins, walk-in shower, and big bathtub. The palette throughout each suite involves a neutral base with a few patterns and splashes of colour. There is an interesting focus on textures too.
ACTIVITIES AT KUSINI KOPJES KAMBI:
- From this deluxe base camp, guests will enjoy a fine assortment of activities – game drives, walking safaris, and hot air balloon rides.
- Game drives will be offered twice daily, over the wildlife-rich savanna of the Serengeti’s south.
- Highlights here include lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, lots of antelope species, and an abundance of birdlife.
- Keen birders will relish opportunities to look out for feathery friends while on walking safaris too – led by guides, these walks will also be great for introducing you to the plant life and insect life of the national park.
- For sweeping vistas of the plains and beyond, you will be able to take a hot air balloon ride. This activity will begin at first light, and you will be airborne for 1–2 hours before descending to a champagne breakfast in the bush.
- Balloon rides will not be included in the price of your stay here, but we reckon they will be well worth the extra cost.