Owned and operated by Nimali Africa, Nimali Central Serengeti is the sister camp of Nimali Tarangire. The company believes that nature is Africa’s finest asset, and this is reflected in its name, which means ‘wealth’. The price of your stay here includes accommodation, all meals, a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, most activities, parking, Wi-Fi, and a laundry service.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Nimali Central Serengeti is situated close to Makoma Hill, within a wildlife-rich area of the national park. The camp is usually accessed via flight from Arusha to Seronera Airstrip, followed by 40 minutes’ game drive road transfer. It’s set up on the savanna of the Serengeti, surrounded by acacia trees.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT NIMALI CENTRAL SERENGETI:
Guest accommodation consists of six tents. Each is mounted on a platform and shaded by an outer layer of canvas – this design, reminiscent of Meru style, creates a lovely veranda where you can relax and enjoy breathtaking views! The tent is entered through a wood-framed door to one side, although you can also roll up the canvas walls for access from the veranda area. Inside, there’s a double bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, a separate seating area, and deluxe Persian rugs. Amenities include mosquito nets, a standing fan, and plenty of charging points. The en-suite facilities comprise separate flush toilet, twin washbasins with mirror over, and walk-in rainfall shower! Although there isn’t a family unit, each tent is sufficiently spacious to fit at least one extra bed.
Nimali Central Serengeti’s communal lounge and dining area are housed in one tent apiece, connected to the guest tents along neat pathways. Both tents are set on a platform, and their canvas walls are rolled up so guests can marvel at the scenery. In the lounge tent, plush suede and well-cushioned rattan seating is positioned around wooden coffee tables. The dining tent contains chic separate tables flanked by upright chairs, and guests can also dine in a few well-chosen al fresco locations around the site. Not far from the communal tents is the camp’s fire-pit – this is the perfect place to get to know your fellow travellers and swap safari stories! And anyone in need of a little pampering will appreciate Nimali’s spa services, including massage, available on advance booking.
ACTIVITIES AT NIMALI CENTRAL SERENGETI:
Things to do from Nimali Central Serengeti focus on viewing the park’s abundant wildlife, primarily on expertly guided game drives.
- The savanna, woodlands, and riverine forests of the Serengeti provide habitats for a wide range of species.
- All Big Five are in residence – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo. You can also look out for smaller predators, such as cheetah, hyenas, jackals, and wild dog, and numerous plains game including giraffe, wildebeest, zebra, gazelles, and oodles of antelopes!
- From May to July each year, the Central Serengeti plays host to the famous Great Migration, so if you visit during these months you can expect to see huge herds of wildebeest, zebra, and gazelles.
- All year round, the park is home to approximately 500 types of feathery friend, among them Maasai ostrich, raptors, marabou stork, crowned crane, lesser flamingo, and lovebirds.
- For a bird’s-eye view of the Serengeti, you can embark on a hot air balloon ride, launching at dawn and descending to a delicious hot bush breakfast!
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.