Forest Chem Chem is the younger sibling of Chem Chem Safari Lodge and Little Chem Chem, a couple of favourites at YZ. Booked on an exclusive-use basis, Forest has a lovely location along the River Tarangire, just 15 minutes’ drive from Little. Chem Chem Safaris explains that the camp embraces the ethos of ‘kuungana’, to connect.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
In common with the other Chem Chem properties, Forest is situated within the Burunge Wildlife Management Area (‘WMA’) between the national parks of Tarangire and Lake Manyara. The WMA can be accessed via flight from Arusha Airport to Kuro Airstrip, a journey of 20 minutes. It’s also possible to transfer by road from the airports of Arusha and Lake Manyara – in both cases, this is a 90-minute drive.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT FOREST CHEM CHEM:
Guest accommodation at Forest consists of three luxury vintage tents, including one tent for families. Together, these will be sufficiently spacious to sleep a maximum of six adults and two children. Amenities include mosquito nets, standing fans, a safe, a yoga mat, and a mini-bar with bottled water, homemade biscuits, and dried fruit. The en-suite facilities feature indoor and outdoor showers, with complimentary Molton Brown toiletries and use of a hairdryer. Each tent has USB charging facilities too.
ACTIVITIES AT FOREST CHEM CHEM:
Forest offers an exciting assortment of activities – game drives, walking safaris in the WMA, village visits, hot air balloon rides, and helicopter flights!
- As the camp is booked exclusively, guests will have their own vehicle and guide.
- Game drives during the day will be possible in Tarangire, Lake Manyara, and the WMA, a great range of wildlife habitats. There will be plenty of opportunities to see predators and herbivores alike – highlights include lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, and lots of antelope species. Lake Manyara is famous for its tree-climbing lions!
- Birding is pretty impressive too, with vast flocks of flamingo on the lake and ample waterbirds, songbirds, game birds, and raptors throughout the region.
- Night drives are offered within the WMA, as are walking safaris – ideal for travellers who like taking a close look at plant life and insect life.
- Forest’s village visits take place at a local Maasai village.
- Hot air balloon rides and helicopter flights over Tarangire must be pre-booked to ensure you don’t miss out on these thrilling adventures! If you are here from June to October, you will have a bird’s-eye view of the park’s elephant migration.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.
Please speak with one of our experts for more info.