Arusha Coffee Lodge is owned and operated by Elewana Collection. Elewana specialises in unique properties within iconic locations, and the company’s portfolio spans Kenya, Tanzania, and Zanzibar. This lodge has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor! The accommodation is booked on a B&B basis. Special rates for children apply, and there are some superb honeymoon offers – for further information, please contact a member of the YZ team.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The lodge is accessed via just 5 minutes’ road transfer from Arusha Airport, or 1 hour 15 minutes’ drive from the airport at Kilimanjaro. It has a wonderful location within a large working coffee plantation, in the foothills of the majestic Mount Meru!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ARUSHA COFFEE LODGE:
Guest accommodation consists of 18 rooms and 12 suites. All are housed within buildings that resemble traditional plantation lodgings, with red-brick walls and terracotta-tile roofs. Starting with the room option, a few wooden steps lead up onto a deck – set with two deckchairs and a table, this is a great spot for relaxing and enjoying gorgeous garden views! From the deck, a timber-framed door opens into the combined lounge and bedroom area. On a lower level, there’s a well-cushioned sofa and a coffee table, as well as a storage unit with surface space for a telephone and a tea-and-coffee station. A couple more steps ascend to the bedroom, which contains a king-size bed with mosquito nets, bedside tables and lighting, a standing fan, a bench at the end of the bed, and an extra comfy chair. The two spaces are linked by a cosy fireplace! En-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, twin washbasins with big mirrors over, walk-in shower, and bathtub with shower attachment. The suites offer similar features to the rooms, but they’re a little more luxurious – they include a screen separating the bedroom and lounge areas, super-plush beds and seating, and double doors opening out onto a veranda with lounge furniture.
Arusha Coffee Lodge’s communal lounge and dining areas are found in an impressively proportioned red-brick building, which also has a terracotta-tile roof. On entering this structure, guests receive a warm welcome from friendly staff members at Reception. This space flows through into the property’s spacious lounge, which features leather campaign chairs around dark-wood coffee tables, a comfy leather sofa beside a cosy fireplace, and one wall taken up almost entirely by French windows! The lodge’s dining areas are similarly well appointed, with chic tables and chairs, open fireplaces, and even wrought-iron chandeliers. Al fresco dining is available too, as furniture is set up in the grounds under the shade of parasols. The quality of food and drink is sky-high here, with highlights such as continental breakfasts, garden buffet lunches, international gourmet dinners, and all-day bistro snacks. Additionally, picnic lunches can be prepared for guests opting to enjoy a full-day excursion from the lodge. Other facilities include the Peaberries spa, offering a wonderful range of treatments, and, adjacent to the spa, the inviting oval swimming pool!
ACTIVITIES AT ARUSHA COFFEE LODGE:
- For some of our clients, a stay here is just a stopover before a flight and there isn’t a lot of time in which to explore the area.
- However, if your schedule can accommodate them, plenty of activities are available!
- For example, there’s the coffee tour ‘From Bean-to-Cup’, in which, within the lodge’s own grounds, the journey of the coffee bean is explained. This ends with a fantastic tasting session!
- Also on site, there’s Traders Walk, an experience centre containing five retail and food outlets, including a bead workshop and an open-air restaurant.
- Reception staff are happy to organise trips into Arusha, for tours featuring the city’s Cultural Centre, Maasai Market, Tanzanite Museum, and Museum of Natural History.
- You can enjoy an excursion into Arusha National Park, for sightings of buffalo, black-and-white colobus monkey, and a wealth of colourful birdlife!
- And full-day game drives within the world-famous Ngorongoro Crater can be arranged as well.
- This enormous caldera is home to all Big Five species – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo – in addition to numerous smaller predators and herbivores.
- There are a lot of specials for fans of feathery friends too, not least black kite, scarlet-chested sunbird, white-eyed slaty flycatcher, and vast flocks of greater and lesser flamingos!