Nyaruswiga is owned and operated by One Nature, a luxury boutique hotel company that prides itself on accommodation that is both luxurious and sustainable. Nyaruswiga is ideal for travellers who wish to visit the Serengeti, and especially for those who want to go on a luxury safari!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The camp is accessed via 35-minute road transfer from Seronera’s airstrip. Guests are met by a guide from Nyaruswiga, and the journey to camp is an opportunity for a short game drive.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ONE NATURE NYARUSWIGA:
Housed under canvas, the main lounge and bar area is a very lavish space, featuring plush sofas and armchairs around coffee tables and explorers’ chests, leather-back bar chairs, a selection of books, a gramophone, and solid European oak floors. The dining area is equally impressive, with ornate furnishings, maps displayed on easels, and a veranda for al fresco meals. Close to both the lounge/bar and the dining area is Nyaruswiga’s plunge pool and also its Jacuzzi, perfect for winding down in between activities while enjoying superb views over the plains! Keen stargazers will make good use of the astral observation deck, with its 2-metre high-powered telescope, while sports fans will happily take part in a range of outdoor games – badminton, bocce, mollky, and horse shoe. And the camp’s trading post stocks traditional souvenirs and essential items, in addition to providing camera equipment for hire.
Guest accommodation at Nyaruswiga consists of a total of 13 tents, 12 standards and one for families. All are set in woodland and constructed out of wood, canvas, and brass to blend beautifully with the natural surroundings. Each standard tent contains an emperor-size bed, which can be converted into twin beds. Other features within the bedroom include mosquito drapes, a pillow menu, a chandelier, and a walk-in closet complete with electronic safe. The tents have a lounge area too, with leather chairs, cosy woodburning stove, mini-bar, and a copper bathtub! Other washing facilities are found in the en-suite, which boasts flush toilet, copper washbasins, and indoor and outdoor showers.
All three rooms within the tent offer amazing views over the savanna, and you can also enjoy the scenery from your private veranda! The family tent provides all the amenities of the standard tent, but here there is an extra bedroom and an extra en-suite bathroom – in the family tent, the bathtub is not located in the lounge area.
ACTIVITIES AT ONE NATURE NYARUSWIGA:
Nyaruswiga is perfectly positioned to provide a wonderful range of activities:
- The experiences on offer here are by no means confined to the Serengeti – guests are able to visit other national parks too.
- You could start with a game drive in the Seronera region, heading into other parts of the park especially if you are keen to follow the herds of the Great Migration.
- Due to its central setting, Nyaruswiga can bring you up close to the thousands of wildebeest, zebra, and gazelles during most of the year.
- Of course, the Serengeti is never short of wildlife, with all Big Five species plus numerous predators and herbivores seen on safari here.
- There are also over 500 types of bird!
- Hot air balloon rides, launching at dawn, are available too.
- And you can check out the park on foot, with expert guides leading the way along the camp’s own trail.
- Heading farther out, you can marvel at the Great Migration crossings of Kenya’s River Mara, and take a flight over Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Crater, active volcano Oldoinyo Lengai, and astounding Lake Natron!
- Day trips may be made to Olduvai Gorge and the Shifting Sands within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area – and wherever you wish to spend your time, you can opt to be accompanied by a professional wildlife photographer.
- Nyaruswiga arranges golf days too, in which you travel to the Kilimanjaro Golf Course by helicopter!
- Lake Manyara National Park may be visited for canopy walks – a must for birders – and also for a village tour.