This permanent camp is owned and operated by Lemala Authentic Camps and Lodges, a company with an impressive portfolio of properties spanning the Serengeti, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and Tarangire National Park. Ewanjan has earned a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor! The accommodation is booked on a full-board basis, including all meals, a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, all activities, Wi-Fi, and a laundry service. Lower rates are payable for children – please contact us for further details.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The camp is accessed via 30 minutes’ road transfer from Seronera Airstrip. It occupies the base and slopes of Makoma Hill, at the end of the Seronera Valley. This is a quiet spot within the region, well away from other properties yet close to the wildlife.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LEMALA EWANJAN CAMP:
Guest accommodation consists of 12 canvas tents with wooden floors, all positioned on the hillside. A double tent is the standard option, with twins and triples available on request. Accessed through a gauze partition, all are very spacious. In addition to your comfy bed/s, you’ll find bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, a dressing table, a separate seating area with tea-and-coffee station, and a lockable trunk you can use as a safe. Stripy rugs adorn the floor, and the writing desk is made out of an old suitcase! The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin with running water and mirror over, and classic bucket shower – hot water is provided whenever you need it. The camp also supplies bathrobes, towels, soap, and insect repellent. The area just in front of each tent is perfect for relaxing and enjoying your views!
The communal lounge and dining areas at Ewanjan Tented Camp are housed in a big mess tent. In between them, there’s the property’s well-stocked bar. The lounge features leather sofas around coffee tables, and it flows out onto a veranda created by the tent’s additional canvas layer. The dining room, set with chunky wooden tables and campaign chairs, also extends into this space, so you can tuck into delicious meals while marvelling at the scenery! The camp serves a buffet breakfast including breads and pastries, an informal lunch usually involving soups and salads, and a three-course dinner. If you plan to be out all day, staff are happy to pack up a picnic for you. Ewanjan also has a fire-pit, where guests gather before dinner for a few drinks and to swap their safari stories!
ACTIVITIES AT LEMALA EWANJAN CAMP:
- The main activity here is expertly guided game drives, which are available in early morning and late afternoon into evening.
- The Seronera area is characterised by numerous water sources, making it very popular with wildlife! All Big Five are in residence – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo.
- Among the smaller predators and herbivores you can expect to see are cheetah, hyenas, jackals, wild dog, giraffe, wildebeest, zebra, an enticing assortment of antelopes, lots of hippos, and hundreds of species of bird!
- If you visit from April to June, or from November to January, you’ll see the huge herds of the Great Migration.
- During the latter period, they’re on their way down south in readiness for the calving season on the short-grass plains, while April heralds the beginning of the rutting months.
- Either time can be pretty spectacular!
- Ewanjan offers kids’ activities too, in the form of the Lemala Cubs programme. Things to do include tracking in the area around camp, making bows-and-arrows, and playing a few board games.