Set within over 10 hectares of farmland, Acacia Farm Lodge features well-kept gardens and breathtaking views! Staying here is highly recommended for travellers seeking good access to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and the national parks of Lake Manyara and Tarangire. Privately owned and operated by local professionals, Acacia provides accommodation to suit all types of traveller.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Guests of Acacia can choose to fly in to Arusha Airport and then transfer by road to the lodge – this journey takes about 2½ hours. Alternatively, you can be picked up from the Lake Manyara airstrip and driven to the lodge in just 20 minutes. Acacia has a fabulous location, high on the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ACACIA FARM LODGE:
A very neat driveway leads to the communal building, which is equally orderly in appearance with its brick pillars, wide wood-framed windows, and cream-painted walls. Inside, everything has a chic contemporary feel. The lounge features plenty of plush sofas around coffee tables, while all indoor dining areas – dining room, coffee shop, and bar – offer comfortable seating and delicious meals, snacks, and drinks. Guests can also lounge and dine on the lodge’s deck, while marvelling at the views. Acacia has a business centre too, as well as a fitness centre, a massage room, and a beauty salon. Wi-Fi is available throughout the main building. Finally, there are beautiful grounds, including a comprehensive vegetable garden in addition to many spaces for relaxation – such as the inviting swimming pool!
Guest accommodation at Acacia consists of 28 chalets, all sufficiently spacious to sleep a maximum of two adults and a baby or child. Each is located a short distance from the lodge and is made out of the same materials. The décor is similar too. Furnishings include either a king-size bed or twin beds with mosquito nets, bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair with mirror over, and a separate lounge featuring sofa and coffee table. Additional amenities include a plasma flatscreen television with satellite channels, an intercom and international telephone line, internet access, a mini-bar, a coffee station, and a safe. The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, twin washbasins, and wet-room-style shower. And each chalet boasts a private deck, with lovely views over the farm!
ACTIVITIES AT ACACIA FARM LODGE:
- Two types of activity are available at Acacia – things to do in and around Karatu, and adventures farther afield.
- The first category includes farm tours, an exciting opportunity to learn about farm life in Karatu!
- Town tours are possible too, and your trip involves visiting the nearby market and a local school.
- Acacia also offers cultural experiences – you can meet the local tribespersons and find out about their traditions.
- The forests surrounding the lodge are great for nature walks, hiking, and even jogging! There is no shortage of excursions to enjoy.
- And the second category of activity is game drives, in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Lake Manyara, and Tarangire. All three areas are renowned for their abundance of wildlife.
- The Ngorongoro Crater is home to all of the Big Five – lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, and buffalo!
- Lake Manyara and Tarangire contain all Five bar rhino, and every region has a wide variety of predators and herbivores.
- Cheetah, hyenas, jackals, wild dog, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, antelopes… these are just a few highlights!
- And the bird counts number well into the hundreds, so we advise keen birders to bring their binocs and prepare to be absolutely dazzled.