The property is owned and operated by Nasikia Camps, whose portfolio comprises an impressive selection of mobile and semi-permanent camps throughout the famous Northern Circuit of Tanzania, featuring the Serengeti and Tarangire. Ehlane Plains Camp is perfect for travellers who are keen to explore a remote part of the Serengeti.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The camp site is approximately one-and-a-half hours via road from Seronera’s airstrip. This area of the Serengeti is called Soit le Motonyi, and it was closed to the general public from 1986 to 2014. Although a few properties have sprung up during the past couple of years, such as Namiri Plains Camp, the region still feels very remote and unspoilt.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT EHLANE PLAINS CAMP:
Ehlane Plains’ communal lounge and dining spaces will be positioned at the centre of the camp – and based on our experiences of other properties by Nasikia, we anticipate that both spaces will be very comfortable. There will also be a fire pit, enticing guests to gather together and enjoy a few beverages while sharing their stories of time spent on safari.
Guest accommodation at Ehlane Plains will consist of eight tented suites, all designed to blend beautifully with the natural surroundings. Each will have a sturdy canvas roof. Inside, every standard suite will boast a king-size bed draped in mosquito netting, bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, a lounge area with comfy sofas and a coffee table, and a dressing area with carefully handcrafted cupboards. The floors will be covered in soft carpeting. There will be en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, twin washbasins, and a shower. Excitingly, two suites will have a star dome. Inspired by Arabian architecture, this will be an open rooftop providing views of the sky. Guests choosing this option will enjoy breathtaking vistas of stars, planets, and the Milky Way, as well as sunset and sunrise in all their radiance. And there will be two family suites, large enough to sleep up to two adults and three children.
ACTIVITIES AT EHLANE PLAINS CAMP:
As for activities, Ehlane Plains will offer game drives, walking safaris, and hot air balloon rides.
- Game drives will take place twice daily, over the savanna of Soit le Motonyi and close to the acacia woodlands that border the rolling plains.
- Wildlife you can expect to see here includes all the big cats – lion, leopard, and cheetah – in addition to elephant, giraffe, zebra, warthog, and hyena.
- Please note, if you are a family with children aged under 12 years, you will need to book a private vehicle at extra cost.
- Walking safaris will be available for travellers aged 12 years and over, aiming to bring you closer to all the smaller things within the region – the plant life and insect life, for example.
- And if you think you would appreciate a bird’s-eye view of this spectacular part of the Serengeti, we recommend taking to the skies in a hot air balloon.
- This activity will begin at about 6 o’clock in the morning, in the Seronera area. Your ride will last for 1–2 hours, and you will descend to a champagne bush breakfast – a very special treat.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.