Unguja strives to provide its guests with as personalised an experience as possible – and with the attentive owners Ralph and Elies on site, the lodge always manages to achieve this.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Located at the southern tip of Zanzibar overlooking the Menai Bay - set amidst indigenous forest and built on a coral ridge.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT UNGUJA LODGE:
There are three types of villas. Seven ocean view villas are situated on the edge of a low coral wall overlooking the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, while three baobab villas with their own dipping pools are tucked a little farther back in the forest. There are also two family houses.
ACTIVITIES AT UNGUJA LODGE:
- On site, guests can make use of the swimming pool and receive spa treatments in their own room.
- The watersports centre is for the exclusive use of lodge residents, once again assuring a personalised experience.
- Unguja Lodge is also of great interest to divers, as they have access to (currently) 17 dive sites on the much quieter southern reefs as opposed to the extremely busy Mnemba Atoll farther north.
- Other water-based activities include surfing, snorkelling and sunset cruises.
- Additionally, the camp offers guided village visits of Kizimkazi, full day sandbank excursions and sunset cruises.