A stay at Loisaba Starbeds makes for a thrilling experience. We love the authentic feel of the accommodation – absolutely ideal for adventurous safarists! Service standards are sky high at Loisaba Starbeds. The guides really know their stuff, while waiting and kitchen staff do their utmost to ensure an amazing stay. Food and drink is tasty and satisfying – and staff are happy to arrange bush meals. Children are welcome here!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
This is where you come to sleep under the stars, in one of two lovely locations – the Kiboko starbeds overlook a watering hole and are great for watching wildlife, while the Koija starbeds are situated above the Ewaso N’giro River. Both options are fantastic for travellers hoping for authentic experiences of Africa.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LOISABA STARBEDS:
The locations are well served by a mess tent apiece. Each mess tent is constructed from wood and thatch, with a stone floor inside. Each contains wooden-framed lounge furniture with comfortable and colourful cushions. The dining area of each mess tent has upright chairs around wooden tables. At Kiboko, steps lead down to an outdoor seating and dining area, the perfect place for viewing local wildlife, while at Koija there is a veranda with a few chairs for guests to sit and admire the view of the River.
Kiboko and Koija have, respectively, four and three starbeds. At Kiboko these are set up among a rock kopje overlooking a waterhole, whereas at Koija the beds are cantilevered over the River, accessible via a footbridge on the opposite bank. All beds are positioned on a handmade wooden platform, partly covered by a thatched roof. Guests can choose to sleep under cover or under the stars! The beds are fitted with wheels, rolling easily in and out of the sheltered part. They also have four-poster netting to protect from mosquitoes. At Kiboko, three of the four units are designed to accommodate up to two people and a family unit is intended for a maximum of four. Koija has two doubles and one family unit, which can also be used as a twin. All units have en-suite facilities – flush toilet, washbasin, and classic bucket shower! There is ample storage space for clothes and other belongings.
ACTIVITIES AT LOISABA STARBEDS:
If you are able to leave your starbed, there are some excellent activities available!
- With its sprawling plains, rushing river, scrublands and woodlands, Loisaba Conservancy is a haven for many animals. There are abundant lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, zebra, giraffe, gazelle, and many more predators and herbivores!
- The birdlife is impressive too, with over 500 resident and migrant species.
- Game drives are great for taking in all the spectacular sights of safari, while guided walks bring guests closer to the little details on the ground.
- Horse riding is another wonderful way to get to know the area, while camel rides allow guests to expand their horizons even farther.
- There is mountain biking too, and fishing is possible all year round.