A stay at Loisaba Starbeds makes for a thrilling experience. We love the authentic feel of the accommodation – absolutely ideal for adventurous safarists! Service standards are sky high at Loisaba Starbeds. The guides really know their stuff, while waiting and kitchen staff do their utmost to ensure an amazing stay. Food and drink is tasty and satisfying – and staff are happy to arrange bush meals. Children are welcome here!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
This is where you come to sleep under the stars, in a lovely location – poised on a rocky kopje with views of the surrounding valley and a permanent watering hole. This is a fantastic option for travellers hoping for an authentic experience in Africa.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT LOISABA STARBEDS:
The mess tent is constructed from wood and thatch, with a stone floor inside. It contains wooden-framed lounge furniture with comfortable and colourful cushions. The dining area has upright chairs around a wooden table. There are three double room starbeds and one family room. All beds are positioned on a handmade wooden platform, partly covered by a thatched roof. Guests can choose to sleep under cover or under the stars! The beds are fitted with wheels, rolling easily in and out of the sheltered part. They also have four-poster netting to protect from mosquitoes. Three of the four units are designed to accommodate up to two people and the family unit is intended for a maximum of four. All units have en-suite facilities – flush toilet, washbasin, and classic bucket shower! There is ample storage space for clothes and other belongings.
ACTIVITIES AT LOISABA STARBEDS:
If you are able to leave your starbed, there are some excellent activities available!
- With its sprawling plains, rushing river, scrublands and woodlands, Loisaba Conservancy is a haven for many animals. There are abundant lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, zebra, giraffe, gazelle, and many more predators and herbivores!
- The birdlife is impressive too, with over 500 resident and migrant species.
- Game drives are great for taking in all the spectacular sights of safari, while guided walks bring guests closer to the little details on the ground.
- Horse riding is another wonderful way to get to know the area, while camel rides allow guests to expand their horizons even farther.
- There is mountain biking too, and fishing is possible all year round.