At YZ, we love the Serian camps. Kusini offers the best opportunities to witness the calving season of the Great Migration, so if this appeals, just give us a call!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Kusini is set in the Serengeti National Park, on the edge of the short-grass plains within lush woodland. The spreading limbs of tall acacia trees yield plenty of cool shade, for the mess tent and guest tents alike.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT SERIAN'S SERENGETI MOBILE KUSINI:
The mess tent contains a lounge area and a dining space. The lounge has comfy chairs and sofas around a chunky wooden coffee table. A vibrantly patterned Moroccan rug adds splashes of color, while giraffe photos on the walls will whet your appetite for safari, whether this is your very first stay or a return visit! The dining area has a large wooden table and directors’ chairs, providing a social environment for meals. There is also space outside the mess tent to sit and relax, enjoying the wildlife go by!
Guest accommodation at Kusini consists of six tents. Each has a private veranda, perfect for taking in amazing views across the Serengeti plains. Inside, there is a large wrought-iron double bed, bedside tables with lamps, a writing desk and chair, a tea-and-coffee station, and plenty of storage space. Here too, Moroccan rugs bring interest to otherwise neutral tones! The en-suite facilities of each camp comprise flush toilet, wooden washstand with basin and mirror, and classic bucket shower.
The word ‘Serian’ is Maasai for ‘serene’, chosen to capture the peaceful experience of staying at the camps, surrounded by the sights, smells, and sounds of nature. Dining is hosted in the mess tent – this is a great time to get to know your fellow guests and share those safari stories! A stay here is about connecting with nature – there may be 24-hour electricity, but there is no Wi-Fi. Just relax and tune in to the natural world!
ACTIVITIES AT SERIAN'S SERENGETI MOBILE KUSINI:
- Activities from camp are all about the wildlife.
- One of the many fab things about Serian is that every visiting group, to any of the properties, has exclusive use of a safari vehicle together with a dedicated spotter and guide! This brings a lot of freedom.
- You can decide exactly where you would like to go and whether you wish to head out during the morning, afternoon, or evening – or for a full day, with a picnic!
- During the calving season, the short-grass plains provide a home for thousands upon thousands of wildebeest and zebra – with plenty of predators in their wake.
- Cheetah are particularly prolific, prowling around the herds of herbivores on the alert for opportunities to seize an easy meal! Other species in the area include hyena, jackal, and honey badger.
- The birdlife is pretty impressive too, with hundreds of species such as the smart secretary bird and the rare Fischer’s lovebird, and grey-crested helmet-shrike.
- As well as the Serengeti, guests can check out the Ndutu region and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Both boast a wealth of wildlife and are certainly worth a visit while you are here!
- The quality of guiding really lifts the experience of being in this thrilling part of the world. All the guides are exceptionally knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.