This is a very elegant safari camp in a fabulous location. High marks from YZ! It works really well for someone looking to get a good taste of the Serengeti. You have a very good chance of seeing the Big Five, along with a lot more. However, it also works really well when you combine it with its sister camp, Nasikia Mobile Camp. Nasikia Mobile Camp moves twice per year to keep up with the Great Migration. Designing a trip that combines the two properties is hard to beat and the value is exceptional. The combination works really well from December through to March, and July though to November.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Naona Moru Camp is located in the Central/Southern sector of the Serengeti, which enjoys excellent year-round game viewing.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT NASIKIA NOANA MORU CAMP:
The camp’s main areas are housed within an attractive mess tent, a simple yet chic design. On one side there is a lounge with plenty of comfortable sofas and cushions, plus a chunky coffee table with a few books and interesting ornaments. On the other side, there is a dining area, with very smart wooden tables and upright chairs, perfect for formal dining. Separating lounge and diner is a small but well-stocked bar and a little extra seating. Further seating is positioned on the mess tent’s veranda, delightful for relaxing and enjoying the views. And a short walk away, there is a camp fire and ring of chairs around it for outdoor dining and sharing safari stories!
The guest accommodation at Naona Moru Camp comprises just eight spacious tents, all close to the mess tent yet sufficiently spaced apart from each other to allow ample privacy. These are also chic in appearance and really very roomy inside! Each contains a large four-poster double bed or twin beds with beside tables and mosquito netting. There is also a Victorian writing desk and chair, a good-sized chest for storage, a framed mirror, and a separate seating area with comfy sofas and armchairs. There are snug rugs on the smooth wooden floors and wildlife artwork on the walls. The en-suite facilities are tucked behind sturdy curtains and comprise a flush toilet, twin washbasins, and shower with hot running water. Finally, at the front of each tent there is a very pleasant veranda with lovely views of the plains.
ACTIVITIES AT NASIKIA NOANA MORU CAMP:
- Naona Moru Camp activities are all about the wildlife! This is a very game-rich area, with so much to see.
- Both game viewing and birdwatching trips in the central Serengeti take place twice daily.
- All Big Five animals roam the plains and there is a wealth of other predators and herbivores: cheetah, caracal, serval, African wildcat, giraffe, zebra and ample antelopes!
- Birdlife includes 34 types of raptor, six types of vulture, plus ostrich, lesser flamingo, crowned crane, secretary bird and hundreds more!
- And of course, this is Great Migration country, with the wildebeest herds reaching the Serengeti in August, September and October for truly spectacular scenes.
- A trip to this park is amazing any time of year, as experienced guides seek out the big game as well as introducing guests to small safari sights.
- It is also possible to observe all this from the sky, via a hot air balloon safari!
- Typically, take off is at 6 o’clock in the morning and the experience ends with a champagne bush breakfast after a couple of hours in the air. Highly recommended!
- The standard of guiding at Naona Moru is absolutely outstanding. The guides have so much passion to share with guests and they are always happy to answer any questions.
- This approach works brilliantly with children too. The camp welcomes children aged 6 years and over – and during low season a private vehicle is available to families of four.
- Food and drink is first rate and service at camp is consistently excellent. You will feel very at home!