At YZ, we reckon Kaskaz is a superb addition to the Nasikia portfolio. Its location is perfect for a Serengeti safari – and we love those stylish supersize tents!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Located just a short drive from Kogatende Airstrip, Kaskaz is set in the northern region of the Serengeti near to the Mara River.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT KASKAZ MARA CAMP:
The main areas at Kaskaz Mara are housed in one large mess tent. The lounge contains an assortment of comfortable sofas and armchairs – and there is even a fireplace, ideal for the chillier nights! The dining tent has a couple of large wooden tables surrounded by upright chairs. The style overall is authentic Africa, with a palette combining earthy tones and splashes of colour. Guests can also dine outdoors, for breakfast, lunch or dinner – at night, lanterns are hung from trees, which lends a charming ambience!
The guest accommodation at Kaskaz Mara consists of eight tented suites. These are very spacious and comfortable. Each has a veranda with a table, cushioned seating, a hammock, and amazing views over the Serengeti’s rolling plains! Inside, there is an oversize double bed or twin beds, a sumptuous lounge area, a writing desk and chair, and ample storage space. Each en-suite boasts flush toilet, double washbasins, and luxurious shower. The tents have a very pleasant breezy feel, as they have large netted windows with cotton curtains, allowing plenty of fresh air to waft through. Each can be configured according to guest requirements – from family vacation to romantic honeymoon, and everything in between!
ACTIVITIES AT KASKAZ MARA CAMP:
- The camp offers excellent activities, with the focus on viewing the wildlife.
- Game drives in the central Serengeti are available twice daily – this is a great opportunity to check out the locals, such as all Big Five plus cheetah, caracal, serval, giraffe, zebra, antelopes, monkeys, olive baboon, pangolin, porcupine, and many more!
- The birdlife is impressive too, with over 500 resident and migrant species including 34 types of raptor, ostrich, lesser flamingo, marabou stork and magnificent crowned crane.
- Guided walks are a wonderful way to get to know the area really well and to see all the small things that are not necessarily visible from the vehicle!
- And from July to October, this region plays host to the famous Great Migration, when huge herds of wildebeest and other herbivores hurtle across the Mara River in search of grazing sites.
- Truly spectacular… and all this can be viewed from the air too, as Kaskaz Mara provides hot air balloon safaris. These begin at 6:00am and include a champagne breakfast following a two-hour flight – there is an extra cost for this activity, but it is well worth it to experience the Serengeti from up high!
- The quality of guiding from camp really elevates all activities, as the guides are very knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions. They communicate well with adults and children alike – children aged 6 years and older are welcome at Kaskaz Mara, and during the low season a private safari vehicle for families of at least four persons is guaranteed!
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.