The Twelve Apostles is owned and operated by The Red Carnation Hotel Collection. This family company specialises in iconic locations and impeccable service. In 2018, The Twelve Apostles received a TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award! The accommodation is usually booked on a B&B basis, including breakfast, 24-hour room service, bottled mineral water, B | AFRICA toiletries, evening turndown service, parking, and Wi-Fi. The hotel is open all year round.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The hotel can be accessed via 30 minutes’ road transfer from Cape Town’s international airport. It has a fabulous location in Cape Town, overlooking Camps Bay and with Table Mountain’s Twelve Apostles forming a stunning backdrop!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES:
Guest accommodation consists of 70 rooms and suites, across nine categories. Room types are Classic, Milkwood, Mountain Facing, Luxury, and Superior Sea Facing, while suites come in One Bedroom, Sea Facing, Presidential, and Grand Master. All options are exquisitely furnished, and the main differences among them are view and size. Beginning at entry level, the Classic Room offers a king-size bed and twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk cum vanity table and chair, a pleasant seating area, ample storage space, and a balcony with lovely views! En-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin, shower, and bathtub. Additional amenities include individually controlled heating/cooling system, digital telephone system, entertainment centre, tea-and-coffee station, electronic safe, Wi-Fi, and hairdryer. All other types of accommodation are effectively variations on this theme. The hotel is happy to add cots or small beds to most rooms and suites. By all means contact a member of the YZ team to discuss your requirements, not least your preferred views!
In addition to its deluxe accommodation, The Twelve Apostles boasts very impressive communal areas. Guests can take time to relax in any of the glamorous lounges, which generally feature plush seating, elegant coffee and occasional tables, interesting artwork and artefacts, and a cosy fireplace. There’s a great range of restaurants too! Azure offers classic fine dining and spectacular views, The Café Grill is the perfect place for tasty snacks, The Leopard Bar provides sundowners accompanied by live entertainment, and The Conservatory supplies ‘Tea by the Sea’, a really tantalising treat. The hotel also has a 16-seats cinema, a well-equipped gym, and a spa with an extensive treatments menu – massages, facials, mani-pedis, and pregnancy specials are all available here. And outside, there are gorgeous gardens, complete with two swimming pools!
Concierge staff at The Twelve Apostles are happy to arrange an exciting variety of activities and excursions for you! Here are a few examples:
- Cape Point – situated within the Cape Floral Region, this highly scenic area offers bays, beaches, valleys, and hills, and it’s home to a wealth of wildlife too!
- The City Walk – this fascinating tour involves all the main attractions. And if you take part during the third Saturday of any month, you’ll be entertained by street performers on your way.
- Groot Constantia – this is the oldest wine estate in South Africa, and well worth a visit. You can enjoy plenty of wining-and-dining, in addition to a museum, an art gallery, and walking trails.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden – renowned worldwide for its massive assortment of indigenous plant species, this is one of our favourite places in Cape Town to while away an afternoon!
- Robben Island – accessed from the V&A Waterfront, this island once accommodated the prison in which Nelson Mandela spent 18 years. Today it’s a World Heritage Site, featuring exhibitions, shops, and penguins.
- Table Mountain Cableway – take the cable car to the top of this majestic mountain, and enjoy wonderful views! If you’re feeling energetic, you can hike up and reward yourself with hearty snacks from the mountain’s café.
- V&A Waterfront – conveniently close to Table Mountain, the V&A offers shops, restaurants, and all sorts of memorable experiences, including a helicopter ride over Cape Town.
- Outdoor Adventures – watersports, whale and dolphin watching, caving, ziplining, great white shark diving, world-class golf… the Cape region has no shortage of thrills!
- Beaches – Camps Bay, Clifton, and Llandudno are all ideal for a little beach-time.
- For Families – Two Oceans Aquarium, Butterfly World, Boulders Beach, Green Point Park, World of Birds, Iziko Museum Planetarium, and more!