2Inn1 Kensington is privately owned and run. With interiors fusing classic Victorian and contemporary chic, it’s one of the most stylish guesthouses in Cape Town. Moreover, it has been awarded a TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice award! The accommodation is booked on a B&B basis, including breakfast, sundowners (6pm to 8pm), parking, and Wi-Fi. 2Inn1 is open all year round.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The guesthouse can be accessed via 25 minutes’ road transfer from Cape Town’s international airport. It’s situated in the peaceful suburb of Oranjezicht, just a few streets away from the city centre and all its attractions.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES:
Guest accommodation consists of six luxury rooms, three standard rooms, and one bungalow suite. The luxury rooms are found within the main building, while the other options are positioned within the grounds. Each luxury room features extra-length double bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, a large wardrobe, a seating area, and a medley of wall artwork. Amenities include air conditioning, under-floor heating, satellite television, DVD player, mobile phone, CD player, iPod docking station, tea-and-coffee station, fridge, safe, hairdryer, and wireless LAN. Bathrobes and slippers are supplied too! The en-suite facilities comprise separate flush toilet, twin washbasins with mirror over, and walk-in shower. These rooms also have a balcony, with lovely vistas of Oranjezicht. The standard rooms are slightly smaller and offer a terrace rather than a balcony. Finally, the bungalow suite has a terrace too, in addition to a lounge, a kitchen, and a second bedroom. It’s an excellent option for a family or a small group of friends.
2Inn1’s communal areas are just as well presented as the guest accommodation. In the lounge, leather seating is set out around sleek ottomans, amidst occasional tables piled high with reading material. There’s a marble fireplace too, merging interestingly with some of the more modern décor. The dining room is entirely contemporary, with chic individual tables lined up in readiness for delicious breakfasts and lunches. Evening meals are available on request, but most guests opt to eat out as the guesthouse is so close to an abundance of high-class restaurants and bars. A fabulous range of spa treatments is offered, among them six types of body massage, three different facials, and soothing mani-pedis too. Guests can also relax in the guesthouse’s Jacuzzi and its swimming pool, both located in the beautiful garden. You can sit back in a sunlounger and marvel at the mountain view!
Guesthouse staff are happy to arrange numerous activities and experiences for you. These include:
- Table Mountain Aerial Gateway – a trip up the famous mountain by cable car, to enjoy amazing views!
- Cape Point – an excursion to Africa’s south-western tip, renowned for the quality of its beaches. While you’re here, you could also visit Boulders Beach to see plenty of penguins, and Simonstown or Fishhoek for a little culture too.
- Robben Island – situated approximately 7 kilometres off the coast, this is where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 of his 27 years behind bars. The island is accessed from Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront.
- V&A Waterfront – no stay in the Mother City is complete without at least one afternoon spent exploring the V&A’s shops, markets, eateries, and bars!
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens – full to the brim with indigenous flora, these gardens never fail to thrill, and they’re a great destination for a picnic lunch.
- District Six Museum – a fascinating exhibition of images, artefacts, and recordings, a lot of them provided by the district’s ex-residents.
- Castle of Good Hope – South Africa’s oldest building, this pentagon-shaped building houses the Castle Military Museum, a must-visit for history fans.
- Houses of Parliament – another attraction for history buffs, the houses offers guided tours, hearing attendances, and watching debates from the gallery.
- Cape Town International Convention Centre – the Mother City’s stunning venue for concerts, trade shows, and festivals. 2Inn1’s staff will let you know what’s on here during your stay!
- Camps Bay Beach – possibly Cape Town’s most glamorous sandy spot, Camps Bay is brilliant for beach activities, fine dining, or simply soaking up some sun.
- Clifton Beach – not far from Camps Bay, this sheltered series of four coves is a top pick at YZ. And 4th Beach is adjacent to La Med, our go-to for sundowners every time.