Kadizora Camp is privately owned and operated. The price of your stay includes accommodation, all meals, a selection of local beverages, two daily safari activities (drives, walks, and mokoro trips), and transfers between camp and Kadizora Airstrip.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The camp is found between the Vumbura River and the Selinda Spillway, in the Okavango Delta’s remote northern region. It’s accessed from Kadizora Airstrip, 15 minutes away, and the airstrip can be approached from Maun, Kasane, or other Okavango Delta properties.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT KADIZORA CAMP:
There are 12 guest tents – eight luxury and four standard. The luxury tents are larger and furnished in a more sumptuous style. All tents overlook a seasonal floodplain, and they are raised above ground level to maximise the amazing views! An assortment of trees, such as giant marula and sycamore fig, supplies ample shade above each tent’s sturdy canvas roof. The tents are Meru style, which means they have two roofs in effect – the outer layer extends over the inner layer to provide a private veranda. The veranda is accessed via a few steps to one side, and set with a couple of chairs and a table. Inside, there’s a double bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, end-of-bed seating, a writing desk and chair, storage space, and well-appointed en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, twin washbasins, shower, and bathtub. Additional amenities include mosquito nets and a tea-and-coffee station. A stretcher bed, for a child aged 12 years and younger, can be added to each room.
Kadizora’s communal spaces are housed in four Meru-style tents. These tents all occupy a spacious deck that’s accessed via a wooden walkway. The interiors include a lounge with plenty of comfortable seating around coffee tables, occasional tables for reading material and lamps, and Persian-style rugs on the timber floor. There’s also a chic dining area and a well-stocked bar! Kitchen staff pride themselves on using fresh ingredients and creating dishes inspired by the cuisine of several African countries, showcased during the camp’s ‘ethnic nights’. Meal times are flexible and main courses are served as a buffet. Guests can dine inside or on the deck, around the fire-pit. The deck also boasts a plunge pool, flanked by sunloungers. Views of the floodplain are particularly impressive from this area – it’s the perfect place for a little extra wildlife viewing in between activities!
ACTIVITIES AT KADIZORA CAMP:
The camp offers an exhilarating variety of things to do.
- Game drives take place during the morning, afternoon, and night, offering opportunities to see this region’s wealth of wildlife. The Okavango Sekwana’s semi-desert sands, floodplains, and woodlands are home to predators such as lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, and wild dog, as well as herbivores including giraffe, wildebeest, zebra, red lechwe, kudu, and impala. You can also expect to see crocodile and hippo – and, at night, even honey badger! The bird count is worthy of note too, especially when the floodplains begin to fill in February.
- Kadizora’s walking safaris, enjoyed in the company of expert guides, are highly recommended for exploring the area in greater detail.
- Water safaris – boat or mokoro – provide sightings from a different perspective, and during fishing season keen anglers can have a go at catching barbel, pike, and bream.
- The camp is able to organize village visits too, specifically into the Gunotsuga community to see the church, clinic, and primary school.
- And if you wish to enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the Okavango Sekwana, you can take to the skies in a hot air balloon – rides launch at dawn and descend to a deluxe champagne breakfast! This activity is available from April to September every year.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.