- Days 1–3 : SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK
- Days 3–6 : SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK
- Days 6-9 : SOUTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARK
- Guide Price : £6,488 per person
- Duration : 8 nights
- Countries : Zambia
This is one of our favourite itineraries to Zambia, with the focus being the best of the Luangwa. The trip involves some of the best-known camps in the park, which are home to top-quality guides who deliver amazing game drives and walking safaris.
Specific highlights of this Zambia safari:
- Focused on the Robin Pope camps, boasting prime locations
- Renowned for having some of the best guides in the Luangwa
- Steeped in history, the camps are small and intimate, each with their own stamp
- Best for those seeking the authenticity Zambia is famed for
- Best from June through to the end of October
Overview of the suggested Zambia safari lodges and activities:
Enjoy the best of the South Luangwa from three properties owned and operated by one of our favourite companies, Robin Pope Safaris. At all three camps you will see plenty of wildlife on game drives and epic walking safaris.
The trip starts off in the game-rich Mfuwe area, which is known for its high leopard numbers, before then moving to the more remote ‘bush camp’ for which the Luangwa is most famous.
In Mfuwe, you will stay at Nkwali Camp, just outside South Luangwa NP. This property provides a fine introduction to safari and it is very good value! From here, you will move into the Nsefu sector of the park, to Nsefu Camp. This is the oldest camp in the South Luangwa, with its distinctive rondavel rooms! The trip ends at Tena Tena, also in Nsefu. This is the most adventurous camp of the three properties, but it is also very comfortable. Guiding in all three of these camps is first rate!
Who is this Zambia trip for?
This trip has been designed and priced with couples and honeymooners in mind (two adults travelling together). However, every trip we create is individually tailor-made to suit the client. So if you’re a group or a family, we might even suggest different accommodation. After a discussion with you about your preferences and needs, we can move some elements and change the number of days – it all depends entirely on what you would like to do!