- Days 1-5 : ODZALA–KOKOUA NATIONAL PARK
- Days 5-8 : ODZALA–KOKOUA NATIONAL PARK
- Days 8-11 : ODZALA–KOKOUA NATIONAL PARK
- Guide Price : £15,882 per person
- Duration : 10 nights
- Countries : Republic Of Congo
Spend the ultimate Congo Itinerary in the home of the lowland gorillas. Enjoy canoeing down some amazing waterways, and seeing the wonderful forest elephant. The river cruises here are without a doubt some of the best in Africa! This brilliant trip takes you off the beaten track, and suits people looking for something different and unique.
Specific highlights of this Republic of the Congo safari:
- Home to the second-largest rainforest in the world and known as the lungs of Africa!
- An epic adventure exploring the tapestry of rivers, bais, savanna, and forests of the Congo Basin
- Home to rare and endangered species, Odzala is first and foremost about conservation and research
- Unique range of activities, from gorilla trekking to game drives, day and night forest walks, river-wading to kayaking and boating
- Best suited to those seeking a fully immersive experience that pushes out of the comfort zone
Overview of the suggested Republic of the Congo safari lodges and activities:
This 10-night safari adventure allows you a bit more time in the three main Congo camps, and with so much to see and do, it’s well worth taking the extra time! You’ll start at Ngaga Camp, where you’ll stay for four nights for lowland gorilla trekking. This excellent treehouse-based lodge is the ideal place from which to head out into the rainforest and meet the gorilla families. Renowned as ‘gorilla central’ by the locals, Ngaga has many more activities on offer, including fantastic night walks during which you will see animals that can’t be found anywhere else on the planet! Next you’ll make the short journey to Lango Camp, to stay for three nights. This is the prime location for seeing the forest elephants and lots of buffalo herds. The camp even boasts views out over a salt pan called a ‘bai’, a swampy depression in the land that draws in plenty of wildlife. The activities here are plentiful, including some more classical game driving to see local big game, short walking safaris, and again you’ll meet the local gorilla families. For the last stage of your trip, you’ll go to Mboko Camp for three nights for walking safaris, game drives, and some world-class boating. All three camps border or are in Odzala–Kokoua National Park, where the diversity of the ecosystem is nothing short of primaeval. With only a handful of camps in the area, this is a remote, ‘old Africa’ experience with a pristine rainforest almost all to yourselves!
Who is this Republic of the Congo trip for?
This trip has been designed and priced with couples and honeymooners in mind (two adults travelling together). However, every trip we create is individually tailor-made to suit the client. So if you’re a group or a family, we might even suggest different accommodation. After a discussion with you about your preferences and needs, we can move some elements and change the number of days – it all depends entirely on what you would like to do!