Angala ticks a lot of our boxes when it comes to finding a suitable base for exploring the Winelands!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
With the famous towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, and Paarl all less than 25km away, and Cape Town under an hour by road, Angala is a great option for travelers hoping to explore the area. Cape Town International Airport is Angala’s closest transport link, with the majority of visitors opting to fly in to the Mother City before enjoying the drive into the Winelands.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ANGALA BOUTIQUE HOTEL:
The hotel has a cool contemporary look, with a lot of clean lines both outside and inside. The communal facilities include the lounge, with modern seating in neutral colors, a cozy fireplace, occasional tables, and bookshelves. The bar is adjacent to the lounge and features a line of chic barstools. Separate tables with elegant upright chairs are positioned next to the lounge/bar area to create a dining space that flows through onto a terrace. There is lounge seating here as well and the views are truly spectacular! The hotel also provides a conference room designed for a maximum of 20 people, an infrared sauna and steam room, and an ozonated solar-heated pool and spa. Outside, there are well-kept gardens, where you can relax in a sunlounger, reading, chatting, or simply marveling at the mountain views. Finally, there is the eco pool, an un-chlorinated freshwater swimming pool that uses a natural filtering process to ensure the water is clean. The views from here are pretty breathtaking too!
Angala’s guest accommodation comes in six categories of rooms, suites, and cottages. Each of the two deluxe rooms has a king-size bed or twin beds, a walk-in dressing room, well-appointed en-suite facilities, a complimentary mini-bar, a yoga and pilates deluxe core performer, and a private veranda and garden. All four luxury suites contain a super-king-size bed or twin beds within a large combined bedroom/lounge, a fireplace, en-suite facilities featuring an outdoor shower, free mini-bar, core performer, and private veranda and garden. Each of the two-bedroom deluxe suites is very similar to the luxury suite, but there is an extra bedroom, which is fab for families. The executive suites are also similar to the luxury suite, except that the bed has extra length here! The luxury garden suite is self-contained, with its own kitchenette, and designed to sleep four people. It is wheelchair accessible and the en-suite facilities comprise full bathroom. And the river cottage includes separate bedroom, lounge, and kitchen/dining area, outside bath, outside shower, and private pool! With an emphasis on seclusion, the river cottage is a popular choice for honeymooners. Please get in touch with us for further details.
ACTIVITIES AT ANGALA BOUTIQUE HOTEL:
- There is a very full menu of things to do from Angala.
- You can get to know the local area by hopping on the Wine Tram, which winds it way through the vineyards, stopping off at all the best wine estates!
- The official Franschhoek Wine Route is also worth a look – the region has a number of hiking trails, ranging from 2km to 10km. Keen golfers can tee off at the world-famous courses of Stellenbosch, Pearl Valley, Boschenmeer, and De Zalze, all close to the hotel.
- If you like butterflies, you will love Butterfly World, where the beautiful insects fly free. You can take a trip to Cape Town to experience the V&A Waterfront, stroll along Canal Walk, and shop till you drop at the likes of Access Park!
- If you are feeling particularly energetic, you might like to hike up Table Mountain – or just take the cable car to the summit.
- An excursion by boat to Robben Island is a must for travelers intrigued by the history of the area.
- Alternatively, you can see it all from the air, via a tandem skydive. Nature fans will enjoy watching whales and dolphins, while thrillseekers will be well up for a spot of shark cage diving, at shark spot Gansbaai!
- There really is a wonderful range of activities – something to suit all interests.