Gable Manor Guest House is an excellent option for travelers seeking elegant accommodation in the vibrant village of Franschhoek! The accommodation is particularly well suited to couples and honeymooners. The guest house is an attractive building in the Cape style, featuring the classic rounded gable.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Franschhoek is easily accessed from both Cape Town and the Eastern Cape, via road transfer along the N1 and N2 respectively. Gable Manor is at 4 Malherbe Street, and there is free parking in the driveway.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES IN GABLE MANOR GUEST HOUSE:
Inside, there is a very well-appointed lounge, with comfortable armchairs and sofas around coffee tables, plants artwork on the walls, and sliding doors out onto the pool courtyard. As well as the pool, the courtyard contains sunloungers, picnic tables and parasols, and plenty of fresh towels! The pool lounge, adjacent to the courtyard, has comfy cane chairs, an honesty bar, and shower facilities that are also useful for guests departing late or arriving early. Finally, there is the breakfast room, which overlooks the courtyard. Here, guests tuck in to teas, coffees, cereals, croissants, cheeses, fruits, ham, and jam, and even a fully cooked English breakfast, all the while enjoying views of the magnificent Franschhoek Mountains. Sliding doors let in the breeze in summer, while in winter guests are kept cozy by the room’s snug gas fireplace. The breakfast room is a great space for relaxing, all year round.
Guest accommodation at Gable Manor consists of four double bedrooms and two suites, all occupying the ground and first floor of the guesthouse. Both options benefit from air conditioning and heating, a satellite television, a safe, a tea-and-coffee station, complimentary iced water, and en-suite facilities including power shower, heated towel rails, free bath products, and bathrobes. Choices available to guests include king-size bed or twin beds (with or without extra length), mountain or courtyard views, and traditional or corner bath. Rooms 2, 5, and 6 have a sleeper couch, while rooms 4 and 6 have an outdoor balcony. Each suite has a private entrance and a separate living room that can function as an additional bedroom. All rooms and suites are exquisitely furnished, with a neutral palette creating a restful ambiance.
ACTIVITIES IN GABLE MANOR GUEST HOUSE:
Franschhoek has always held plenty of interest for travelers, and the range of activities offered from Gable Manor is extensive!
- You could start with a historical tour of the village, or perhaps check out some of the local museums. Cellar tours and tastings are always a popular option – you can even sample some fine vintages while on horseback!
- Cheese tastings also go down a treat, and a picnic in the foothills of the mountains is a lovely way to relax between trips to various vineyards or more strenuous pastimes such as hiking and biking through the hills.
- Fly fishing is on offer too, as are birdwatching, tennis, and golf.
- Budding bakers will relish an assortment of breadmaking and other cookery courses, while music lovers will be keen to attend concerts put on in Franschhoek town.
- Of course, the town has an amazing array of restaurants, as well as art galleries and bars. There really is something to suit everyone!