Jabali Ridge is owned and operated by Asilia Africa, a company that aims to provide the finest wilderness experiences on the continent. It is suitable for most types of travelers, but although the property is happy to receive children aged 6 years and over there is no family accommodation.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The lodge is situated on a rock kopje, offering superb vistas across the palm-studded plains and down to the Mwagusi River. This area is first-rate for game viewing – as soon as you exit Jabali Ridge, you are on safari!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT JABALI RIDGE:
Two big baobab trees stand majestically at the property’s entrance and great granite boulders line the way in. More boulders are set up in and around the main areas, creating rooms that merge with the landscape. Both the seating and dining spaces and the bar are built from plenty of wood. All feature comfortable furnishings that use a very natural palette of stone and earthy tones. The library and spa will be perfect for relaxing in between activities, while the rim-flow infinity pool should be absolutely ideal for cooling off and getting to know your fellow travelers!
Jabali Ridge has ten guest rooms, all connected to the main areas via walkways featuring those beautiful boulders. The architectural approach is similar to that of the seating and dining areas, with all units benefiting from a natural palette and appearing to blend seamlessly into the natural surroundings. Much of the décor has been inspired by the baobabs and timber is used to excellent effect – we particularly like the look of the louvered shutters, which offer three levels of light and privacy. There has been some very thoughtful designing here! The king-size beds look suitably comfortable and we love the authentic accents of the African stools, wire tables, and pendant iron lighting made by hand. With each en-suite featuring stone basins and showers, this really is very sophisticated accommodation! And the private veranda of each room is brilliant for taking some time out simply to marvel at the landscape in this part of the world.
**Please be aware that we are unable to book this property for families with young children under the age of 6 years, for safety reasons relating to the balconies/decks/walkways.**
ACTIVITIES AT JABALI RIDGE:
- As far as activities are concerned, Jabali Ridge will offer classic game drives, night drives, and walking safaris.
- Ruaha is one of our favorite national parks – it is chock-full of wildlife!
- Drives will take place in vehicles that are pretty high spec. If it rains, canvas sides will be rolled down to keep you dry – and you will get a complimentary poncho too! There are power points for recharging camera batteries and other equipment, while a fridge will keep your drinks nice and cool.
- Animals you can expect to see include four members of the Big Five – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo – as well as loads of other predators and herbivores, such as cheetah, hyena, giraffe, zebra, antelopes, and wild dog.
- The birdlife is seriously impressive too, with almost 600 species recorded. If you are a keen birder, we recommend coming to Ruaha from mid-November to March, as this is when the migrant species turn up.
- Walking safaris will be super for spotting the feathery friends as well as all the other small beings that live here.
- The standard of guiding at Asilia’s properties is sky high and overall service should be exceptional too.
*This property is unfenced and located in a wildlife area, so large and potentially dangerous animals do pass through. If you opt to stay here, always be alert when walking around the camp and request for a member of staff to escort you if you have any concerns. Any guest is escorted after dark as a matter of course.