Constance Lémuria is an excellent option for travellers keen to experience the buzz of a big resort. It deserves a special mention for its kids’ activities, ensuring the youngsters will not run out of things to do! The company Constance Hotels and Resorts aims to provide excellent service to guests – and Constance Lémuria achieves this, with its enthusiastic staff members. The sheer number of restaurants guarantees that there is something to suit every set of tastebuds here, from Seychelles classics to burgers and pastas to Creole sea cuisine. The resort has no fewer than five bars – we recommend Takamaka in particular, where guests enjoy cocktails while watching the sun descend. And Le Spa de Constance is the perfect place to take time out, offering massage, hydrotherapy and Qi therapies.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Constance Lémuria is situated in the north-west of Praslin, only five minutes from Praslin Airport. The resort is spread over three wonderful white-sand beaches and up into gardens and hills.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT CONSTANCE LEMURIA:
The hillside is home to the resort’s main building, which uses natural materials to blend into its majestic setting above the beaches of Anse Kerlan. Here guests may dine at a variety of restaurants, relax with a drink at a bar, or take a dip in the split-level pool. Other facilities include the VIP Lounge (with flatscreen TV, DVD player, internet access, and stock of books and magazines) and conference rooms, in addition to a boutique selling essential items, souvenirs and exclusive Constance Lémuria branded clothing. There is even a shop for golf products too!
Accommodation at Lémuria comprises four options – junior suite, senior suite, villa and presidential villa. All are air conditioned and line the scenic shore of Grande Anse Kerlan. The suites are positioned a mere 15m from the beach and among lush tropical foliage. They are built from natural materials and each has a TV, CD and DVD player, large bathroom, and lovely terrace to enjoy the view. Senior suites provide extras such as whirlpool bathtub and separate lounge. All villas have two bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom and outdoor shower/bath. They feature living/dining area with TV and Playstation, kitchenette, service staff and private pool. Finally, the presidential villa is described as ‘a hotel within a hotel’, with all the luxury of the villas plus sauna, Jacuzzi, and even a private beach!
ACTIVITIES AT CONSTANCE LEMURIA:
- Constance Lémuria is well placed to offer an excellent range of watersports – snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing and body boards. Scuba diving and deep-sea fishing are also available, at extra cost.
- There are two floodlit tennis courts and the resort boasts the only golf course in the Seychelles!
- Paid lessons may be arranged in golf, tennis, and many more.
- Guests wishing to explore Praslin may hire bikes or walk around the island, discovering the coco de mer (sea coconut) palms of La Vallée de Mai nature park, the splendour of Grand Anse and Anse Volbert beaches, and the museum, galleries and gardens.
- Back at the resort, there is a fabulous kids’ club for children aged 4–11 years – here, young guests partake in arts, crafts and scavenger hunts, to name but a few.