Paradise Sun is owned and operated by Tsogo Sun, a company with an impressive portfolio of properties spanning the Seychelles and many countries across Safari Africa. This year (2018), the resort achieved a place within the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame! The accommodation is usually booked on a half-board basis, including breakfast, dinner, on-site activities, and Wi-Fi. No charge is payable for one child aged 2 years or younger in a Superior Room, and if you book a Deluxe Room two under-12s stay for free!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The resort can be accessed via 20 minutes’ flight from Mahé, or via ferry from Mahé or La Digue followed by 10 minutes’ road transfer. Set in gorgeous gardens, Paradise Sun occupies the western stretch of Côte d’Or beach in Praslin, which features tall palm trees, sugar-soft white sands, and sparkling turquoise waters.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT PARADISE SUN:
Guest accommodation consists of 80 rooms, housed in 26 bungalows or two-storey chalets arranged within the gardens and adjacent to the beach. The design of all structures is inspired by the French colonial era, and they feature high-pitched roofs and wide double doors. There are two room categories – Superior and Deluxe. Each of the 70 Superior Rooms is fully air conditioned and contains a king-size bed or twin beds, bedside tables and lighting, a writing desk and chair, and doors out onto a private terrace or balcony, for beautiful beach/garden views! Additional amenities include a ceiling fan, an IDD telephone, a satellite television, Wi-Fi, a tea-and-coffee station, a mini-fridge, and an electronic safe. The en-suite facilities comprise flush toilet, washbasin with mirror over, bidet, and step-up shower. A selection of Yi*King toiletries is supplied. Seven double units can be formed, where rooms interconnect via the terrace or balcony. The Deluxe Rooms provide all the features of the Superior Room, in addition to an Espresso machine, a lounge area that’s sufficiently spacious to sleep two children or a third adult, and a larger washroom with twin washbasins and a roll-top bath. All Deluxe Rooms are found within the bungalows.
Paradise Sun’s communal lodge has a thatched roof and is positioned at about the centre of the site. Inside, there are two comfortable lounges, both containing well-cushioned wicker sofas and armchairs around coffee tables, and some stunning photography prints on the walls. There are two restaurants – one is within the lodge and the other has a fabulous location on the beach. Breakfast is enjoyed in the lodge’s dining room and features both full English and continental options. The dining room is also the setting for afternoon tea and cake. Delicious lunches and dinners are available at the beach restaurant, known as St Pierre, where chefs rustle up a variety of local and international dishes. Paradise Sun also has a spa, situated in a quiet spot within the grounds and offering massages, manicures, pedicures, and facials. And there’s a generously proportioned swimming pool!
ACTIVITIES AT PARADISE SUN:
- On site, you can swim, play volleyball and table tennis, have fun with some board games, and, of course, simply sunbathe on the beach!
- Paradise Sun also offers a good range of watersports – kayaking, canoeing, and stand-up paddleboarding.
- You can also go for beach walks too, and if you feel like taking in a little culture you can visit the local village, just 10 minutes’ stroll from the resort, and browse its craft stores.
- A sunset cruise, beginning in late afternoon, is available once weekly.
- Snorkelling is possible from the island of St Pierre, which is situated a quarter of an hour off shore.
- Resort staff members are happy to arrange all sorts of other excursions, including boat cruises, fishing trips, nature walks, and bike rides.
- You can even check out Praslin’s 5-star PADI dive centre, which provides scuba courses and dives within Curieuse Marine Park.