Service is delivered with a smile at the Bush Camp, as is the case at any of the Onguma properties, and because it is the only Onguma Camp to be fully fenced, this makes it the most child friendly of the camps on the reserve - providing a good base from which to explore the eastern side of the park.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The private Onguma Reserve is host to Onguma Bush Camp and the Camp is situated near the eastern gate to the spectacular Etosha National Park.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT ONGUMA BUSH CAMP:
The communal areas sure do give off the authentic old-world safari feel, with a spacious welcome area including a curio shop full of little trinkets and gifts to take home after your vacation. Shaded pathways take you along to a lapa, an open-sided area with thatched roof, which houses a bar and dining area, as well as a lounge area split over two levels. The best thing about all of these communal areas is the view – wherever you sit and drink or dine, you will have the best views of the waterhole, which is truly remarkable! There is also a meeting room and a games room for you and the family to enjoy some time together – or, to cool off, take a dip in the glorious swimming pool in front of the communal areas.
Today the Lodge boasts sixteen rooms. Each includes air conditioning, mosquito nets around each bed, a ceiling fan, and everything you need to make yourself a brew or a cup of coffee first thing. Not all the rooms are the same, however! There are five twin rooms, each with seating possibilities on a terrace, which makes up a larger shared veranda with the other rooms, all overlooking the Lodge’s pretty garden. Depending on which room you stay in, there are slightly different layouts. Three of the standard rooms have a child-friendly loft area, which shares a bathroom with the main bedroom. Two standard rooms are similar in layout and design, but they are more spacious and set in individual thatched rondavels away from the main row of five rooms. There are also three family rooms – these have two bedrooms, lounge area, and a shared bathroom – as well as six rooms with views of the waterhole or swimming pool. The waterhole rooms are located in an unfenced area of the property and you will get a fantastic view of life in the bush, with wild animals such as the black-faced impala strolling by for a drink as you sip your morning coffee! The last room is the Settler’s Room, which used to be the honeymoon suite. All the rooms are tastefully decorated, with hints of traditional Namibia. All in all, guests can expect a comfortable stay.
ACTIVITIES AT ONGUMA BUSH CAMP:
- On the Onguma Reserve, you can expect to see similar animals and wildlife as in Etosha National Park, with Fischer’s Pan offering spectacular views and open plains hosting wildebeest, springbok and impala.
- Guests have also been known to experience the roar of a pack of lion at night and spot leopard at the large waterhole on site.
- Onguma Bush Camp is within easy driving distance of the national park, so you can take a full day out and know you have a comfortable spot to return to and recharge at come nightfall.
- Alternatively, you can book a sunset or night drive on the reserve, or take a bush walk with a friendly tour guide who can point out the exotic wildlife on show!
- This is also a fantastic area for birdwatchers, with over 300 local species of bird for you to look out for!