Hilton Windhoek is an awesome option if you are hoping to spend some time in the city. Whether you are just passing through or taking a few days to get to know the ‘windy corner’, you can be certain of a comfortable stay. Staff members at Hilton Windhoek are happy to help arrange all these activities – and they are also adept at making suggestions if you find yourself overwhelmed by all the choices! Service standards in general are excellent here and the hotel aims to provide a very high level of comfort throughout your stay. Food and drink is delicious and the spa is perfect for taking time out to wind down!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
There are accessible rooms for disabled guests and executive rooms for business clients. Just 30 minutes from Hosea Kutako International Airport, it is a great stopover on the way to Etosha National Park!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT HILTON WINDHOEK:
From the outside, the hotel has a very contemporary look, with a lot of clean lines adjoining a cylindrical tower. Inside, it is equally modern. There are plenty of lounges where you can relax, as well as many amenities for your convenience – baggage storage, concierge desk, foreign currency exchange, gift shop, luggage hold, safety deposit box. Once you have settled in, you can check out all the bars and restaurants! There are five in total, featuring food and drink from all over the world. Lobby lounge and café Centrum provides take-away or eat-in snacks, cocktails, and coffees. The Dvine Wine & Sushi Bar is a popular spot for meeting up with friends. Ekipa, on the hotel’s mezzanine level, is ideal if you have time for a full meal experience, with its show kitchen and meat-aging cabinet! Kalabar is a sports bar equipped with a big TV and amazing views from a terrace. And Skybar is adjacent to the hotel’s swimming pool, located on the roof and famous for its sundowners and style. If you are here on business, Hilton Windhoek has meeting rooms, fax and phone facilities, and rental equipment galore! Guests who are keen to keep in shape will make good use of the fitness room and, of course, the rooftop pool, while those in need of a spot of pampering will love the hotel spa, on the 9th floor, with breathtaking views across the city.
Guest accommodation at Hilton Windhoek comes in ten categories of rooms and suites, from Guest Room to King Presidential Suite! All are very comfortable, with traditional African-inspired furnishings that add a little flair. Luxurious beds, LCD TV, a spacious desk, Wi-Fi, and en-suite facilities featuring rainfall shower are supplied as standard, with the more lavish options including extra beds, a bathtub, complimentary bathrobes and slippers, additional seating, a dining area, a kitchen, sound-proofed windows, and seriously impressive views! Accessible rooms have 35 square meters of floor space and an ADA-approved bathroom. Service support animals are welcome. Just get in touch with us to find out which room option is best for you!
ACTIVITIES AT HILTON WINDHOEK:
- Due to its central location, the hotel is a brilliant base for exploring Windhoek – and, if you wish, a little farther afield. There is a lot to see and do in the city!
- You can shop till you drop in Town Square and the nearby pedestrianized streets.
- To soak up some culture, you can visit the National Art Gallery of Namibia, the State Museum, or the diamond museum.
- For the ultimate in relaxation, there is the National Botanical Garden of Namibia, an important floral conservation area since 1993.
- If you fancy some time out from city life, you can take part in tours of local townships or villages – these include sampling authentic cuisine and watching traditional dancing.
- The bushscape surrounding Windhoek is ideal for wildlife watching and horse riding, while a trip to the Avis Dam presents opportunities for birdspotting, hiking, and even some watersports! Other sports are possible just a few kilometers from the hotel – bowling, golf, tennis, and squash.
- And of course, the city has loads of fabulous bars and restaurants, and a few nightclubs for partying into the early hours.