The Victoria Falls Hotel really is a fantastic option for guests who like a sense of history where they stay. And for Afternoon Tea it is really hard to beat Stanley’s Terrace! Highly recommended by YZ.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Set in the heart of Victoria Falls, the hotel is dramatically situated in view of the Victoria Falls Bridge and the Second Gorge and is just 20 minutes' drive from the airport.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL:
Guests to the hotel are spoilt for choice when it comes to dining, as the Hotel has three restaurants – and each with a particular style. The Livingstone Room offers sophisticated à la carte cuisine, plus dancing! Jungle Junction has a more relaxed ambiance and supplies breakfast and dinner buffets, which guests can enjoy inside or outdoors. And Stanley’s Terrace is the place to go for its famous Afternoon Tea, as well as light meals during the day. The Terrace has an adjoining bar, perfect for sampling sundowners! Other facilities include a lounge, spa, salon and spacious swimming pool. There is also a chapel, which is able to perform weddings, and a curio shop.
The Hotel boasts 180 suites and rooms, all decorated with colonial prints, four-poster canopied beds, and furniture and artifacts recalling a bygone era. Options range from standard room to deluxe room to executive suite. All are air-conditioned and comfortable, featuring satellite television, telephone, mini bar, personal safe, complimentary bathrobes and umbrellas, and en-suite bathroom complete with Edwardian-style claw-footed bath! Many rooms have private connecting doorways, which is a great arrangement for families, while some suites boast their own balconies for guests to appreciate breathtaking views.
ACTIVITIES AT VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL:
There is plenty to do from the Hotel.
- Guests need only pop to the Activities Centre for staff to arrange all sorts of pursuits.
- Watersports include white water rafting, canoeing and jet boating.
- Thrill seekers appreciate the opportunity to bungee jump off the Falls Bridge! Helicopter and microlight flights are available to take in the Falls from the air.
- There are also abseiling excursions and horse trails, elephant-back safaris, cruises for breakfast or lunch and at sunset, and traditional meals at The Boma, a famous eatery offering authentic Zimbabwean cuisine and live entertainment every night.
- Guests are also invited to join a local village tour and get to know the local people. And of course, it is possible to enjoy a tour of the Falls themselves!
- Back at the Hotel, in addition to the swimming pool, there are two tennis courts.
*Big game often wanders along the banks of the Zambezi River and even right into Victoria Falls Town itself. So if you are at your hotel, walking into town, or sightseeing, always be cautious of big game - keep your distance and always move away from it if you see it.