Pioneers Victoria Falls is privately owned and run. Blending the style of yesteryear explorers and ample modern amenities, it should prove a popular addition to the hotels and lodges in the Vic Falls region. The price of your stay will include accommodation, breakfast, and Wi-Fi, and the property will be open throughout the year.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The property will be accessed via road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport. It’s situated in a peaceful suburb, just 2 kilometres from Victoria Falls Town and under 3 kilometres from the Falls themselves.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT PIONEERS VICTORIA FALLS:
Guest accommodation will consist of 50 rooms, including four rooms for family use. All will be spacious and elegant. A photograph of a standard room shows a double bed, bedside stands and lighting, a writing desk cum dressing table and chair, storage furniture, and a separate seating space. We’re told that in-room amenities will include air conditioning, a fan, mosquito nets, a tea-and-coffee station, a safe, a hairdryer, and complimentary Wi-Fi. The en-suite washroom will contain a flush toilet, twin washbasins, and a shower, and among the services offered to guests will be nightly turndown and laundry. It’ll be possible to add a bed for a child aged under 12 years to a standard room, and cots will be available on request. Finally, every room will have a private veranda, with lovely views over the gardens. That’s all the information we have at the moment, but we’ll update this section as soon as possible.
The communal facilities at Pioneers Victoria Falls will include a lounge described as cosy, as well as both indoor and outdoor dining areas. Inside, there will be a restaurant offering delicious home-style cooking, while the property’s terrace will be just one of the areas dedicated to al fresco eating and drinking. A saloon-style bar will provide a fine variety of drinks, not least local craft beer made using Zambezi water. The property will have a curio shop too, where you’ll be able to purchase souvenirs and other items. The well-kept gardens will comprise a beautiful haven in which to relax in between trips in and around the Falls area. And there’ll be two swimming pools!
ACTIVITIES AT PIONEERS VICTORIA FALLS:
The property will be well positioned for guests to head out and explore the area. Below, we list a selection of activities:
- Falls tours – Tours of the world’s largest waterfall will be possible during the morning and the afternoon. A knowledgeable guide will lead you through the adjacent rainforest, all the while providing a history of the Falls and a wealth of information about the plants, insects, birds, and mammals of the forest. The guide will also be happy to assist you with photography if required, and to offer raincoats when necessary!
- Historic bridge tours – A treat for history buffs, this activity will involve learning about the history of the Vic Falls Bridge, again from an expert guide. After that, you’ll be strapped into a full body harness to enjoy a walk along the bridge, and some amazing views!
- Zambezi canoe trips – Both half- and full-day trips will be available. Taking to the waters of the mighty Zambezi aboard a canoe is a wonderful way to explore the river and its wildlife. Particularly keen canoeists could consider a trip lasting several days, which will involve camping in the Zambezi National Park or on an island.
- Watersports – Victoria Falls is world famous for its wet-and-wild watersports and other sports options. From white water rafting to gorge swinging, and from bungee jumping to relaxing river cruises and fishing, there’s something to suit everyone here.
- Microlight and helicopter flights – Why not marvel at the Falls from the air? The microlight tour provides entirely unobstructed vistas over the waterfall and its gorges, while helicopter rides offer spectacular sweeping views.
- Safari – It’ll be possible to take a look around Vic Falls National Park, on vehicle, walking, and horse-riding safaris. This area’s wildlife highlights include elephant, southern white rhino, buffalo, eland and other antelopes, hippo, and Nile crocodile. If you’re a big fan of eles, you might like to book an elephant art safari, to interact with the gentle giants before settling to paint them nearby. For more information about safari experiences, or anything else to do with staying at Pioneers Victoria Falls, please get in touch with a member of the YZ team.