- Days 1-4 : ODZALA–KOKOUA NATIONAL PARK
- Days 4-6 : ODZALA–KOKOUA NATIONAL PARK
- Days 6-8 : ODZALA–KOKOUA NATIONAL PARK
- Guide Price : $14,275 per person
- Duration : 7 nights
- Countries : Republic Of Congo
This is the perfect Congo itinerary! Taking you to three different safari zones. Enjoy tracking lowland gorillas, canoeing down amazing waterways, meeting forest elephant, and going on epic river cruises that are some of the best in Africa! A great trip for those looking for something special and off the beaten track.
Specific highlights of this Republic of the Congo safari:
- Home to the second-largest rainforest in the world and known as the lungs of Africa!
- An epic adventure exploring the tapestry of rivers, bais, savanna, and forests of the Congo Basin
- Home to rare and endangered species, Odzala is first and foremost about conservation and research
- Unique range of activities, from gorilla trekking to game drives, day and night forest walks, river-wading to kayaking and boating
- Best suited to those seeking a fully immersive experience that pushes out of the comfort zone
Overview of the suggested Republic of the Congo safari lodges and activities:
This 7-night safari adventure begins in Ngaga Camp, where you’ll stay for three nights for gorilla trekking. This treehouse paradise is the perfect place from which to head out into the rainforest to meet the gorilla families. Often called ‘gorilla central’, Ngaga also offers much more besides the majestic mammals, including fantastic night walks where you will see animals that don’t exist anywhere else on Earth! From here it’s a short hop to Lango Camp, where you’ll stay for 2 nights. This is the home of the forest elephants and plenty of buffalo. The camp looks out over a salt pan called a ‘bai’, a swampy depression that attracts a lot of wildlife. The activities here are far ranging, including more classical game drives to see big game, walking safaris, and further opportunities to see gorillas in the wild. The next leg of your adventure will take you to Mboko Camp, staying 2 nights for game drives, walking safaris, and exceptional boating. All these three camps border or are in Odzala–Kokoua National Park, where the diversity of wildlife is primaeval. There are very few camps in this area, so you will have a remote, tourist-free, ‘old Africa’ experience in the pristine rainforest!
Who is this Republic of the Congo trip for?
This trip has been designed and priced with couples and honeymooners in mind (two adults traveling together). However, every trip we create is tailor-made to suit the client. So if you’re a group or a family, we might even suggest different accommodation. After a discussion with you about your preferences and needs, we can move some elements and change the number of days – it all depends entirely on what you would like to do!