- Days 1–3 : VICTORIA FALLS
- Days 2–7 : HWANGE NATIONAL PARK
- Guide Price : $4,588 per person
- Duration : 6 nights
- Countries :
This is the perfect introduction to Zimbabwe – it combines Victoria Falls and Hwange, one of Zimbabwe’s best-known parks. With Victoria Falls offering a range of activities from sunset cruises to bungee jumping, and Hwange offering more than just standard game drives, this is the perfect trip for those looking for an action-packed week!
Specific highlights of this Zimbabwe safari:
- Best in June and July for dry-season game viewing and good water levels at the Falls
- Great for active travelers, with adventurous Falls activities and superb walking in Hwange
- Locations are fantastic, with Ilala in the heart of Vic Falls Town and safari in Hwange's most prolific concession
- Great trip for cultural excursions – modern African life at Vic Falls and visits to Ngamo village from Hwange
- Includes Wilderness Davison’s Camp, an adventure camp ensuring high-quality service and guiding at an accessible price
Overview of the suggested Zimbabwe safari lodges and activities:
We strongly believe that any trip to Southern Africa should incorporate a visit to see Victoria Falls. Not only are The Falls themselves incredibly impressive, but visitors to this area can enjoy an excellent array of activities. White water rafting here is the wildest in the world, with bungee jumping, canoeing, zip wiring, and gorge swinging not too far behind! Seasoned daredevils will relish a swim in the aptly named Devil’s Pool, the pool right at the top of the Falls – absolutely awesome! Guests looking to take it slower can enjoy river cruises, shopping expeditions to Victoria Falls Town, and excursions to the local villages to get to know the people for whom this region is home.
A 4-hour drive or short flight from Victoria Falls gets you to Hwange National Park, which is one of the country’s foremost game-viewing parks. The elephant viewing is ridiculously good, and it is hard to beat spending time in one of the park’s photographic hides watching these incredible animals up close. Hwange is also known for its quality of guiding and amazing walking safaris. This allows you to get to know more of nature’s smaller beasts and learn a different side of the bush. Overall, this is a great combination of experiences to give you a real feel for Southern Africa.
Who is this Zimbabwe trip for?
This trip has been designed and priced with couples and honeymooners in mind (two adults traveling together). However, every trip we create is individually tailor-made to suit the client. So if you’re a group or a family, we might even suggest different accommodations. After a discussion with you about your preferences and needs, we can move some elements and change the number of days – it all depends entirely on what you would like to do!