- Days 1-2 : KIGALI
- Days 2-5 : AKAGERA NATIONAL PARK
- Days 5-8 : VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
- Guide Price : $13,053 per person
- Duration : 7 days
- Countries : Rwanda
There are fewer experiences more special than a close-up encounter with the mountain gorillas! Rwanda is home to 60 percent of the wild gorilla population, while the country’s Akagera National Park offers Big Five game viewing. This trip offers a truly unique safari destination.
Specific highlights of this Rwanda safari:
- Perfect combination of the more traditional safari experience and the great apes
- Award-winning eco-lodge uniquely designed to encapsulate the impressive volcanic landscape
- Conservation first, with the plan to expand the forest in Volcanoes and a story of revival and survival in Akagera
- The land of a thousand hills, offering spectacular scenery, unique habitats, and life-changing experiences
- Cultural diversity from the flamboyant hustle and bustle of Kigali’s fashion and art scene to the more traditional ways of the Batwa Pygmies
Overview of the suggested Rwanda safari lodges and activities:
Seeing the gorillas of the Virunga Volcanoes is without doubt one of the finest wildlife experiences in the world. It is not uncommon for our clients to sit within the midst of a gorilla family and to come face to face with one of the huge silverbacks.
The stunning Akagera National Park, situated nearby, enables guests to combine a classic safari with these incredible primates. Akagera has some of the most scenic savanna in East Africa (open plains, woodlands, lakes, swamp, and grassy low mountains) and is home to the Big Five (lion, rhino, leopard, elephant, buffalo). There’s an excellent range of activities here, including day and night drives, boating safaris, and fishing.
The two safari lodges in this itinerary are owned by Wilderness, who are well known for their extraordinary levels of service and luxury accommodation, as well as their immense contribution to wildlife and landscape conservation.
Who is this Rwanda trip for?
This trip has been designed and priced with couples and honeymooners in mind (two adults traveling together). However, every trip we create is individually tailor-made to suit the client. So if you’re a group or a family, we might even suggest different accommodation. After a discussion with you about your preferences and needs, we can move some elements and change the number of days – it all depends entirely on what you would like to do!