Service at The Olive Exclusive is of a high standard, in line with the superb suites and communal areas! The restaurant offers exceptional food, based around a seasonal menu, and you can even request for meals to be served to you privately in your room. Staff members are courteous, friendly and incredibly efficient, happy to advise you on any aspect of your stay.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
This stylish and private boutique hotel is located in a quiet suburb of Klein Windhoek, just five minutes’ drive from the centre of Namibia’s capital city.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT THE OLIVE EXCLUSIVE HOTEL:
From your first step inside The Olive Exclusive, you will be struck by the hotel’s luxurious appearance. It truly is a sanctuary from the outside world, where you can pamper yourself and forget about your worries! All the décor has been designed with an intriguing combination of modern tones, contemporary style, and traditional African impulse and heart. The natural feel and eco-friendly approach to service complements this outlook, featuring wooden benches and coffee tables made from granite. Abstract Namibian landscapes by Micky Hoyle adorn the walls of the communal areas. Within the main area of the hotel, you will find a reception area and a small gift shop for purchasing a postcard or trinket to commemorate your visit to the ‘windy corner’! A bar and lounge area sit aside the elegant restaurant. From the restaurant, glass doors lead you out onto an amazing terraced garden and viewing deck, looking over the adjacent olive garden. You can sit here with a glass of wine or with your meal and enjoy the views. A communal swimming pool is free for all guests to take a dip and cool off – and as you are in a capital city, guests who are self-driving into safari will be glad to know there is secure car parking on site.
The seven suites are split between Junior and Premier, with the Premier being slightly more spacious overall. The Premiers have amazing views of the olive garden and a private plunge pool! All suites boast unique décor, with a different region of Namibia encapsulated in every room. There is a dining room with fireplace, where you can sit and relax with your loved one and enjoy some private dining. Large glass doors allow a lot of light, opening up the room even further, and leading you out onto a decking area – this has a sunlounger, a shaded area, and a plunge pool for the Premiers! The beds are incredibly comfortable, like sleeping on a fluffy cloud, and the freestanding bathtubs in the en-suite bathrooms are positioned to offer incredible views of the mountain. Each room has air conditioning to keep you cool during the hot days, a mini bar to provide nourishment of the liquid variety during the evening, high definition satellite television, and even a computer with free Wi-Fi access. If it were not for the supreme safari opportunities in Namibia’s wild, there would be no reason to ever leave The Olive Exclusive!
*For families with children under the age of 6 years, we would not recommend this property for safety reasons, due to the balconies. Also, please be aware that the swimming pool here has no depth markings or 'No Diving' signs, so take care before you jump in! *
ACTIVITIES AT THE OLIVE EXCLUSIVE HOTEL:
- For many people visiting Namibia for its glorious safari excursions, a stop-off in the capital city is a necessity before and after their international flight.
- The Olive Exclusive offers the perfect boutique experience for those looking for a little piece of luxury before heading out into the wild, or wishing to recharge their batteries after some serious safari!
- The hotel is in a quiet and safe neighborhood, just five minutes away from the city centre and all its amenities and attractions.
- If you have a day or two to stay, there is the national museum and diamond museum, both worth a visit, as well as the main street full of curio vendors.
- Here you can amble along and chat to locals, getting a real feel for Namibian life!
- The city is like a small European town – it is easy to find your way around and there are not overwhelming amounts of people or traffic.