Built in 2015, where the old Strand Hotel used to be, this new-ish property boasts a clean contemporary design and the Atlantic Ocean on three sides, providing superb views! Large palm trees flank its length and the gorgeous Palm Beach stretches in front of the property. With no age restrictions and access for disabled people, the new Strand suits all types of travellers.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Strand Hotel Swakopmund is situated in an area of the town known as 'The Mole’ - its sea wall.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT STRAND HOTEL SWAKOPMUND:
A grand entrance into the hotel awaits, as you come through its spacious end-to-end atrium, enjoying ocean views all the way to the lobby. Naturally, the other communal areas also make the most of the sea setting. The lounge adjacent to the lobby is named Welwitschia – here, you can take a comfy seat next to the fireplace or on the terrace, treating yourself to tea, coffee, a cocktail, and any number of hot and cold snacks from early in the morning until late at night. Another informal location for food and drink is the beach kiosk, Café Mole, offering a soda fountain and some great takeaway. For more formal dining, the Strand has three restaurants. Brewer & Butcher’s specialty is German and Namibian meat dishes, washed down with plenty of beer from the micro-brewery, which you can enjoy in the beer garden! Farmhouse Deli is a delightful delicatessen, with additional bakery, patisserie, fromagerie, charcuterie, and coffee house too. If seafood is more to your liking, you will love Ocean Cellar, with its sushi and sashimi kitchen!
The hotel’s Atlantic Spa provides a fabulous range of treatments, while the gym includes all sorts of endurance equipment. Visitors here on business benefit from a self-contained conference centre that has a private garden.
The Strand has 125 guest rooms and suites, within six categories. The vast majority – 90 per cent – have a beach or sea view, while the remaining units look out over the local park and gardens. All benefit from air conditioning, electronic door lock, a safe, a television with satellite channels, a tea-and-coffee station, a well-stocked mini-bar, and a hairdryer. Each Standard Room contains a king-size bed or twin beds, a cot on request, comfy seating, a writing desk, storage space, and en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, washbasin, and shower. Every Enabled Room has all the features of the Standard Room, plus an additional bathroom that is suitable for a wheelchair user. The final room category is Luxury Room, with floor-to-ceiling sliding doors onto a balcony, as well as twin washbasins and a bathtub in the en suite. This option can accommodate a family of two adults and up to two children aged 15 years and younger. Each Junior Suite also has sliding doors onto a balcony, in addition to an open-plan bedroom-and-lounge area and a full bathroom. It too is suitable for families. The Luxury Suite category has three balconies, a lounge, a dining room, and a bedroom with television. Finally, the top-of-the-range Presidential Suite boasts an entire terrace for private use, plus a cosy fireplace, a tea-and-coffee station, a television, a walk-in dressing room, and an eight-seat entertainments area!
ACTIVITIES AT STRAND HOTEL SWAKOPMUND:
- Once you have settled in and feel ready to check out Swakopmund and surrounds, you need only head to the Strand’s Activities & Adventures Office.
- This is staffed by professional travel consultants, keen to ensure you get the most out of your stay!
- From museums to moon landscape tours, there is something for everyone here. You could start with some Swakopmund sightseeing, then perhaps take part in a historical or cultural tour.
- There is also great sightseeing available in Walvis Bay, just over 40 kilometres south of Swakopmund and well worth a visit.
- Day trips and night walks are available in the Namib Desert, and you could head to the snake park too! Travellers who like getting out on to the ocean will be keen to experience fishing excursions, catamaran dolphin tours, and trips to the Cape Cross seal colony.
- The National Marine Aquarium may be of interest as well.
- With cycling, golf, horse riding, camel riding, quad biking, and scenic flights also on the menu, you will not run out of things to do!