At Olive Grove Guesthouse, the staff are helpful and accommodating, the food is delicious, and the place itself is luxurious and spacious. While you may be close to a big city, the opulence and security of Olive Grove encourages you to unwind and thoroughly enjoy your stay, knowing that you will be very well looked after!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Olive Grove Guesthouse opened in 2004 and is in the Klein area of Namibia’s capital city, Windhoek. Although it is located in the city, it is in a very peaceful area – the perfect place to start and finish your journey through Namibia!
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT OLIVE GROVE GUESTHOUSE:
Walk up the steps into Olive Grove Guesthouse and you will find an elegant outside dining area, which leads into an open-plan kitchen – here, you can enjoy one of the meals from their extensive menu in the open air. Or, if you prefer, go on through to the inside dining area, where you can watch the chefs at work while you have a cool drink! Walk down into the lovely lounge space, which is beautifully decorated with a fireplace and comfortable seating. There is a computer for guests’ use and access to the internet. You will also find the reception area on this level, where the helpful staff are able to answer any questions. Upstairs, the garden has a beautiful pool and a tranquil spot for lounging in the sun – you will hardly believe you are in a city as you relax your troubles away! There is also a small wellness centre, great for massages (pre-booked).
The eleven rooms at Olive Grove Guesthouse are all spacious, with en-suite shower room. All have comfortable beds, fine-quality linen, a stocked mini bar, and tea- and coffee-making facilities. Watch the television, or browse the internet using the free Wi-Fi. Take advantage of the little touches of class, as you are supplied with white kimonos and waffle-weave slippers – and on those colder nights, you are even given a hot water bottle! There are five Standard rooms – three on the ground floor and two in a separate building close to the pool area. If you are seeking a little more comfort from your stay, take one of the Luxury rooms. These are larger than the Standard rooms and have an alternative dining area as well as a balcony for you to enjoy. There is also the Executive Suite, which is a series of airy rooms including a private lounge and dining area. The décor throughout all the rooms is contemporary, offset by white linen and old silver notes to add a little luxury!
ACTIVITIES AT OLIVE GROVE GUESTHOUSE:
- There are many things for you to do from Olive Grove Guesthouse, as you can take full advantage of being in a city of great culture.
- Bury yourself in the history of the area by taking a historical tour. There are plenty of museums for you to visit – for example, the Geological Survey Museum has a fantasia of fossils, while the Owela Museum houses information about the Himba, Herero, Nama and San peoples.
- As an alternative, why not play a game or two of tennis on the available court or use the fitness centre?
- A shuttle service can be booked, with Olive Grove’s own driver. Hire their car and driver/guide and you can do some shopping or township sightseeing.
- If you are here with children, be sure to stop by the Zoo Park, as they will love the playground and pond!
- And arty types will relish a trip to the National Art Gallery of Namibia, where entry is free.