A member of the Hospitality Association of Namibia, Cornerstone Guesthouse is a small, owner-run property. Frequently praised for its high standards of service, it has received a TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award! Each room is booked on a B&B basis, including free parking and Wi-Fi.
ACCESS & LOCATION:
Cornerstone Guesthouse is located in the old part of Swakopmund, specifically on the corner of Rhode Allee and Hendrik Witbooi, with easy access to the town centre, beaches, and restaurants too. Travellers can self-drive here from Walvis Bay (35km) or from Windhoek (360km). Flights into Swakopmund Airport are also available, and the journey from the airport to the guesthouse takes about 10 minutes. The guesthouse comprises primrose-yellow-painted single-floor buildings, set in well-kept gardens and with a neatly tiled roof. The apartments are found in three different locations – for further details, please see below.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT CORNERSTONE GUESTHOUSE & APARTMENTS:
Guest accommodation comes in two categories, namely guesthouse rooms and self-catering apartments. There are seven rooms – five doubles/twins and two for families – and three apartments.
Each guesthouse room has a private entrance, as well as access to its own patio complete with table and chairs. Inside, there’s lovely beach-house décor across a palette of breezy blues, whites, and lilacs. In addition to the comfy bed/s, there are bedside tables and lighting, a small seating area, and well-appointed en-suite facilities comprising flush toilet, washbasin, and walk-in shower. Additional amenities include a satellite television, a tea-and-coffee station, a mini-fridge, a digital safe, and free Wi-Fi! A hairdryer is available on request, as are an iron and ironing board, and there’s a same-day laundry service. The family room is sufficiently spacious to accommodate two adults and two children.
The three apartments are known as An Der Mole (situated close to Swakopmund’s most popular swimming beach), Atlantik Sicht (near the beach and the town centre), and Moringa Gardens (in the centre of town). All sleep a maximum of six persons, in three bedrooms and with two bathrooms apiece. Features common to all consist of a lounge with satellite television, an open-plan dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, a spacious balcony with sea or town views, and a double or tandem garage. Atlantik Sicht has a garden too, and Moringa Gardens boasts 270-degrees vistas over Swakopmund as far as the famous dunes of the Namib Desert! All apartments provide a luxurious base from which to explore the town and its surroundings.
Living and dining facilities at the guesthouse feature a cheerful breakfast room, where guests tuck in to delicious hot and cold options every morning, from 7 o’clock to 9. There are smart separate tables and chairs here, as well as a small lounge space featuring a satellite television and a selection of books. Friendly staff members are on hand throughout your stay, happy to help in any way they can.
ACTIVITIES AT CORNERSTONE GUESTHOUSE & APARTMENTS:
- Both the guesthouse and the apartments are well placed for guests to enjoy a wide range of activities.
- If you are staying near the beach, you’ll have just a short walk to an ideal destination for leisurely walks and swimming!
- Swakopmund town centre has plenty of fascinating attractions – the staff at Cornerstone can book you on to town tours, for example, as well as excursions farther afield.
- There is a lot to see and do here, from visiting the German Evangelical Lutheran Church, Swakopmund Museum, and the National Marine Aquarium, to getting a huge hit of adrenaline by sandboarding, quad biking, and skydiving in the Namib Desert!
- Fishing, coast cruises, and even desert safaris are possible too, as are trips to Cape Cross seal colony and Mondesa Township. And staff can also advise on where to go for the best shops, restaurants, cafés, and bars.