Trou aux Biches belongs to the Beachcombers portfolio of eight properties in Mauritius and one in the Seychelles. This company prides itself on exceptional service standards overall. With its six restaurants, Trou aux Biches boasts the widest choice of restaurants on Mauritius, with menus featuring Indian cuisine, Mediterranean specials, Thai treats and local fare. And the resort’s Spa by Clarins, set among palms and ponds, offers an astonishing assortment of therapies, two saunas, two hammams, 17 massage cabins – and even a hairdressers and beauty parlour too!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
The resort is located on the north-western coast of Mauritius. It is about 70km from the airport.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT BEACHCOMBER TROU AUX BICHES RESORT:
Most of the main facilities at Trou aux Biches are situated in a series of wood-and-thatch buildings ranging from the resort’s road entrance all the way to the beach. These include the spa, sports centre, teens’ club, kids’ club, conference room, and finally a selection of bars and restaurants overlooking numerous water features and pools. Further bars and restaurants are located farther along the beachfront, presenting spectacular views of the ocean while guests dine, and other amenities comprise lounge, boutiques and infirmary on site.
Guest accommodation at Trou aux Biches consists of crescents of suites or villas within the gorgeous gardens or suites spaced along the beach. Guests choose from Junior, Tropical Junior, Beachfront, Beachfront Senior and Family. Beachfront properties include a private plunge pool! All suites are spacious and comfortable, with air conditioning, mini bar, satellite TV, complimentary WiFi, balcony or terrace, and bathroom with tub, shower and WC. All villas boast two or three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, TV and DVD player with DVDs, indoor and outdoor dining area, barbecue area, private pool and fully equipped kitchen plus range of dining options. Additionally, each villa is assigned a private butler and maid!
ACTIVITIES AT BEACHCOMBER TROU AUX BICHES RESORT:
- Trou aux Biches is able to offer a wide range of activities, not least due to its brilliant beach.
- Watersports here include windsurfing, waterskiing, kayaking, snorkelling, scuba diving, sailing and Hobie cats. Inland, guests enjoy tennis, table tennis, beach volley, bocciball and biking.
- The resort’s sports centre has been renovated recently and its facilities include machine and weight training, cardio training, aerobics, body shape and aqua gym.
- It is possible to arrange private coaching in many of these sports, at extra cost.
- And both the kids’ club and teens’ club excel at providing plenty to keep young guests busy – nature excursions, glass-bottom boat trips and bicycle rides, for example.