We reckon there’s something special about The Oberoi and we are delighted to recommend a stay here to guests who favour an interesting mix of activities on holiday!
ACCESS & LOCATION:
It is set in approximately eight hectares of resplendent sub-tropical gardens, lining the white-sand shores of TurtleBay. The airport, in the south of the island, is about an hour away.
ACCOMMODATION & FACILITIES AT THE OBEROI:
The grounds of The Oberoi are not only aesthetically pleasing but of historical interest too, as the site is home to four national monuments dating back to French colonial times. These formed part of the defence system of Mauritius and today the main gunpowder store is one of The Oberoi’s three restaurants. Other eateries The Restaurant and On the Rocks are positioned overlooking the Indian Ocean, as is The Bar. The resort also boasts a spa, fitness centre, tennis courts and two swimming pools. There is a meeting room as well as a board room, plus kids’ club The Hub.
Guest accommodation at The Oberoi consists of four options – Luxury Pavilion, Luxury Villa with Garden, Luxury Villa with Private Pool and Royal Villa with Private Pool. The buildings have delightful thatched roofs and contemporary interiors, the latter featuring rustic cane furniture and local artefacts and photography. All categories are air-conditioned and include king-size or twin bed/s, living area, private dining space, sunken marble bathroom, satellite TV, high-speed Wi-Fi, iPod dock, electronic safe and espresso coffee maker. Wall-to-wall windows present amazing views of the gardens or the sparkling waters of TurtleBay.
ACTIVITIES AT THE OBEROI:
The Oberoi offers an excellent assortment of activities.
- Many watersports are complimentary – windsurfing, waterskiing, snorkelling, kayaking, sailing and paddle boats.
- At extra cost, guests may enjoy diving and deep-sea fishing. Inland, tennis is available in addition to a range of cardio and weights machines in the fitness centre.
- Alternatively, there is a ‘Touching the Senses’ programme featuring art classes, sculpture classes and guided nature walks.
- Farther afield, guests may like to visit attractions such as Port Louis, Ile aux Cerfs, Pamplemousses gardens and Black RiverGorgesNational Park. Back at the resort, activities for children aged 4–12 take place in The Hub, which has indoor and outdoor play areas.
- There is a daily programme during the school holidays, but a play menu is coordinated during term time too.
- The Oberoi Mauritius belongs to Oberoi Hotels & Resorts Group.
- Founded in 1934, the Group has properties in six countries and a wealth of experience in providing superb service.
- Last year, this resort won Mauritius Leading Hotel at the World Travel Awards!
- Nothing is too much trouble for staff here, whether serving traditional or international cuisine throughout the restaurants or attending to guests’ every needs within the serene setting of the spa.